Coordinator, Organizational Advancement
The individual selected for this new position will support the Director in the implementation of the annual development plan, managing the annual fund, and capturing, organizing, analyzing, and using donor data. The Coordinator will oversee the expanded use of the customer relationship management (CRM) system, developing protocol and processes to support the growth of the advancement program.
This position plays the critical role of translating data to the realization of productive relationship management, growing awareness, understanding and support of AFC’s mission. Responsibilities will range from daily oversight of data availability and quality to management of the annual fund, special appeals and initiatives, and event coordination. Experience with grants writing would be a plus.
- Database management skills with CRM’s, including administrative configuration, reporting, dashboards and data quality skills
- Proficiency in CRM administration, including prospect and constituent management, data quality, developing reports as well as good understanding of nonprofit fundraising processes, donor cultivation, nonprofit marketing and related financial requirements
- Must possess excellent analytical, research, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills, with technical and nontechnical audiences
- Understanding of the donor journey and moving the donor from cultivation to solicitation Experience supporting an annual fund, including sending and managing appeals, special initiatives, and special events
- Ability to process gifts, ensuring both accurate record keeping and proactive donor communications
- Proven ability to manage projects and to contribute innovative ideas in an effort toward continuously improving the team’s approach to doing the work
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
- Strong experience with most primary office software packages, including MS Excel, Access, Outlook, and other typical software systems
Major responsibilities include
- Maintain and grow AFC’s CRM and associated systems in service to audience engagement; leverage data to uncover trends that inform advancement strategies
- Develop and maintain dashboards to evaluate the health of the advancement program, including donor/client retention and acquisition, solicitation opportunities, and stakeholder retention rates
- Lead prospect research and prepare AFC leadership for productive donor/client cultivation and solicitation meetings
- Support the creation of communications documents that strengthen current relationships and build awareness with key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to ensure a quality and consistent experience for constituents and to guard the accuracy and integrity of the agency
- Increase donor engagement and cultivation by supporting an array of fundraising events throughout the year
- Stay informed of new giving trends and technologies that support AFC’s advancement program, including direct mail campaigns and social media fundraising
- Work in partnership with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, collaborating on external communications (email, social media, etc.)
- Manage department correspondence and external communications related to the advancement program
- Develop presentations and proposals for stakeholders, i.e., corporate clients, family businesses, Foundations, and individual contributors
- Provide consistently prompt, friendly customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, or related fields OR 3+ years experience in Nonprofit, Marketing, Communication role
- Donor-centered/customer service mindset
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal communication, writing and presentation skills
- Strong technology skills required- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, experience using ETapestry or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Familiarity with MailChimp and Sprout Social is a plus.
- Event planning and coordination experience
- Collaborative and proactive working style
About Action for Children
Action for Children transforms the lives of children by supporting, empowering and advocating for the adults who make the biggest impact on children’s lives—their parents, caregivers, and teachers. We were formed in 1972 as the child care referral agency of central Ohio, but over time we have grown to be so much more. Today, our mission and programs are focused on making the most of the 2,000 days between a child’s birth and their first day of kindergarten, when 85% of the brain is developed and so many physical, intellectual, and social foundations are laid for future success. Every day, every moment matters. Our services include: Information & Referral Services for Parents; Home visiting services to support kindergarten readiness; Family Asset Building –including parenting classes for fathers, parenting classes to support mothers, and more; Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators; Quality Improvement, Coaching, and Technical Assistance and so much more!
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note, the selected candidate will be required to submit to our background and reference checking process. No phone calls please.
**Action for Children has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all current and future employees focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and our community. Action for Children is an equal opportunity employer and does allow for accommodations based on medical exemptions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.**
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.