Website Alvis, Inc.
A human service agency that turns lives around 180 degrees.
Alvis, Inc. – Director, Donor Experience and Engagement
Do you have 10+ years of experience coordinating fundraising efforts and a desire to make your community a little better? Alvis, Inc. seeks a Donor Experience and Engagement Director who is not afraid to get his or her hands dirty and take risks. The successful candidate will develop fundraising strategies, direct marketing campaigns, cultivation and stewardship plans, formulate solicitation procedures, and oversees all fundraising initiatives. In addition to overseeing development, communications, and marketing strategies that align with the organization’s strategic plan the Donor Experience and Engagement Director identifies new donor bases, directs, and coordinates solicitation of funds. You will lead a dynamic team of hard-working individuals vested in Alvis’ mission. You will foster a culture of donor-centered fundraising with an eye toward exceptional customer service, growth, and sustainability. Being the Donor Experience and Engagement Director acts as liaison with corporate, and individual funding partners and organizations. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to make tangible changes within the areas of Community Corrections, Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Reentry programs join our team where We Turn Lives Around.
· Establish and foster positive relationships with stakeholders in every sector, including academia, community leaders, business partners, government representatives, and members of the media.
· Develop and manage resource development goals, forecast, and budget. Monitor and expenses, analyze monthly goals, and reforecast as needed.
· Develop internal and external communication strategies to promulgate Alvis as an industry leader in reentry and behavioral health.
· Facilitate media relations with local and national mediums.
· Assign duties to every member of the fundraising team and periodically review those duties to ensure they are all progressing accordingly
· Engage President and CEO and senior leadership in identifying funding needs, prospects, and recommendation
· Observe and report on best practices and industry trends including laws and regulations that may affect fundraising and capacity building.
· Lead, plan, participate, and attend special events, which include networking or charity events, as well as speaking engagement to communicate with stakeholders about the value of the organization.
· Formulate and review policies and procedures with the board of directors as well as participate in meetings to help decide the overall direction of the organization, as needed.
· Actively participate in other organization teams such as, but not limited to, the Strategy Team and Managers’ Business Review Team.
· Effectively manage assigned projects ensuring timely deliverable and financial stewardship.
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, nonprofits or similar area
· At least 10 years of experience working in fundraising
· Experience managing and leading a team to success
· Familiarity with Donor Database Management software
· Highly proficient with e-mail marketing programs e.g., Constant Contact and Mail Chimp
· CFRE certification preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.alvis180.org.