About the Role
Besa has sparked a movement of good — a wave of civic engagement that has rallied over 50,000 corporate and individual volunteers to give 132,000 hours on almost 10,000 service projects and has made $38M in community impact.
Giving is at the heart of Besa. By building authentic relationships with volunteers, nonprofits, companies, and engaged donors, we transform civic engagement across the communities we serve.
The Development Director — a new position created on the heels of our first-ever capital campaign, which exceeded our $1M goal — will be responsible for growing Besa’s donor relationships and raising money to advance our mission as we poise ourselves to go national. A diverse community of contributors support our game-changing work, from individual donors to foundations and corporate partners. We want to continue nurturing those relationships while also building new ones.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and disciplined fundraiser, driven communicator, and experienced development leader with proven success.
- Develop and lead an annual fundraising strategy that cultivates donors, from small gifts to large contributions.
- Manage strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and acknowledging gifts.
- Lead Besa’s annual Be The Good fundraiser, including working with the team to set the event vision, recruit and manage an event committee, secure sponsorships, and execute the event.
- Manage Besa’s donor database, ensuring it’s a robust tool for philanthropy through its reporting, data analysis, and donor segmentation.
- In collaboration with the CFO, develop and manage a budget that achieves Besa’s annual fundraising goals.
- Support business-critical operations and other duties as assigned with our highly collaborative team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years professional fundraising and development experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Proven fundraiser with experience in donor cultivation, gift solicitations, donor management, event planning, sponsorship solicitation, and philanthropic strategies.
- Experience in creating and leading a development strategy.
- Proficient using technology, including donor database software, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite.
- Creative problem solver with a strong entrepreneurial mindset who manages actionable plans and delivers tangible outcomes.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required, including a valid driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with co-workers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit, headquartered in German Village.
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to do good.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement package, and short-term/long-term disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected category.
Please view this job description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you are passionate about our mission and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, we welcome you to apply.
Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.