Position Title: Development Manager
Work Location: Columbus OH & WFH
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: CEO
Target Salary: $55,000 +generous benefits package
About the Role
Besa is hiring a full time Development Manager to lead philanthropic activities within the organization.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing fundraising strategies that engage donors from acquisition to stewardship. You’ll develop a budget and work towards annual fundraising goals. And you’ll team with the CEO, our development committee, and key stakeholders to grow philanthropic impact across the organization.
A diverse community of contributors encompass Besa’s donor base. We want to build on the foundation and grow new and robust relationships that power our work. And together, we’ll amplify community impact made through Besa.
- Develop and manage an annual fundraising strategy, from creation to execution, that cultivates individual donors, from small gifts to the largest contributors.
- Build and manage giving strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, acknowledging, and stewarding gifts.
- Work closely with CEO to strategize and support the cultivation of larger donors, corporate and foundation relationships, and grant making.
- Lead Besa’s annual Be The Good fundraiser, including working with the team to set the event vision, recruiting and managing an event committee, securing sponsorships in partnership with the CEO, and executing day-of programming.
- Manage campaigns, e.g., Giving Tuesday and Big Give, and develop new opportunities, e.g., house parties, social media fundraising campaigns, and volunteer to donor cultivation, to amplify philanthropy at Besa.
- Manage Besa’s donor database, ensuring it’s a robust tool for philanthropy through its reporting, data analysis, and donor segmentation.
- Collaborate with the staff and fundraising committee to align and advance giving strategies.
- Develop cohesive storytelling and messaging, including in the annual report, digital and print communications, acknowledgment letters, and website updates.
- Complete other duties as requested.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years professional fundraising/development experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Proven fundraiser with experience in donor cultivation, donor management, event planning, sponsorship solicitation, and philanthropic strategies.
- Proven experience in creating and managing a development/fundraising strategy from start to finish.
- Strong track record of building new community connections and nurturing donor relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills including development of donor engagement assets.
- Proficient using technology, including donor database software, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and committed to high-touch customer service.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, small nonprofit environment.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers in an office environment. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to do good.
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement package and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
Besa seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Besa — an Albanian term that means “to keep a promise” — is a Columbus-based nonprofit with a mission to engage volunteers, inspire service, and nourish generosity. Founded in 2010, Besa has given new meaning to civic engagement by creating an online platform that easily connects volunteers, corporate philanthropy, and resources to local nonprofits. Nonprofits are frequently understaffed and overwhelmed, while community members and businesses are eager for tangible ways to get involved and support the causes they care about. Besa bridges this gap by curating volunteer experiences on behalf of its more than 100 nonprofit partners, and then providing the vehicle for which people can easily find these opportunities, sign up, and engage in a cause that is meaningful to them. From food pantries to homeless shelters and beyond, Besa’s platform (givebesa.org/volunteer) offers ample opportunities for engagement with organizations as diverse as the city we live in. Since its inception, Besa has organized more than 55,000 volunteers who have invested 115,000 hours in 8,500 projects — all working together in the city they love while helping those who need it most.
In addition to empowering individuals to get more deeply involved in civic engagement, a thriving social sector also provides opportunities for companies to give back. For corporations, Besa offers curated experiences based on the company’s philanthropic pillars, and the Besa platform offers a suite of services to increase the impact of corporate philanthropy programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org