The Grants Manager is responsible for public, corporate and private foundation fundraising for assigned companies that CAPA supports through a shared services arrangement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Grants and Proposals
- Interviews project directors to gather information about programs and projects for assigned companies.
- Works with Development Directors and marketing personnel to create templates for each new season.
- Works with Development Directors to foster support and create proposals for funders and sponsors.
- Compiles, writes and edits grant proposals in accordance with each funder’s guidelines for all local, state, and federal agencies and all private, family, community and corporate foundations.
- Compiles and submits all necessary application materials, including, but not limited to, budgets, audits, Form 990s, resumes, letters of support and sponsorship benefits.
- Writes and prepares both progress and final reports for grants received.
- Maintains grants database and schedule of application and report deadlines.
- Assists various President & CEOs/Executive Directors and Directors of Development in drafting correspondences, collateral materials and progress reports as needed.
- Works closely with Development Directors and Marketing personnel to review assigned companies’ collateral materials for accuracy and foundation recognition.
- Works closely with project Directors and Accounting personnel to develop project budgets.
- Develops strategic plans to contact, engage and solicit funders.
- Cultivates ongoing relationships with funder representatives.
- Serves as primary liaison between assigned companies and funders, including Greater Columbus Arts Council, Ohio Arts Council, the Columbus Foundation and Government officials.
- Researches grant prospects for assigned companies through means such as The Foundation Directory On-line, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, corporate websites, etc.
- Identifies local and national funders whose priorities match assigned companies.
- Identifies and analyzes funders’ giving patterns/histories and determines funding possibilities.
- Relays news and trends in funding, arts advocacy and government affairs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated fundraising success through grants and foundation proposal writing.
- Knowledge of grantmaking and philanthropy fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Proficient with basic computer software such as Microsoft Office applications, with the ability to learn new programs.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ fundraising experience including grants, foundations and corporate giving.
- Background in the arts is a plus.
Requires schedule flexibility to accommodate needs of the organization. Attendance at select performances and events is required.
CAPA’s EEO Statement:
The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CAPA does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
CAPA’s Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
CAPA believes in the power of diversity – we can only achieve our vision to make Columbus a destination for living, breathing art when we include everyone. CAPA is committed to presenting art that brings people from all backgrounds together to experience the transformative power of the arts. In the same spirit that we celebrate the many forms of performance art on our stages, we value, appreciate, and celebrate all human beings in our community.
CAPA recognizes that there are cultural and systemic barriers that prevent complete inclusivity and equity. CAPA’s Diversity and Inclusion commitment is to progressively and continuously work to identify those barriers and intentionally adapt our practices, demonstrate our efforts, and measure the results to promote inclusion and equity.
To apply for this job please visit capa.clearcompany.com.