Website Catholic Social Services
Catholic Social Services is an anti-poverty agency whose goal is to empower people with the tools they need to reach their full potential. We focus on improving the quality of life of people of all faiths and backgrounds during some of the most vulnerable times of their lives.
The staff is deeply connected to the mission, vision, and values of the organization. It is the lens by which we provide our services, guided by our core values of impact, compassion, courage and excellence. The ideal candidate demonstrates these values in their action and work with the client and peers.
The Development Manager is a full-time position that will create and implement fundraising strategies to build a comprehensive cultivation approach with new and recaptured donors. Additionally, the role provides comprehensive assistance to the Chief Development Officer, with a focus on stewardship efforts, fundraising support, and event support. This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and is a part of the five-person Development, Marketing and Communications team.
This position is responsible for a variety of comprehensive development functions that correspond to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual prospects and donors. Emphasis on the continuing development of donor pipeline by aligning philanthropic interests of the individuals served with the mission of Catholic Social Services (CSS).
Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, build relationships with donors, and juggle various projects at once all while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
· Build and maintain a portfolio of 40-50 prospects and serve as the “moves manager” across revenue streams, with special emphasis on mid-level donors.
· Understand CSS key funding priorities and maintain knowledge of new opportunities.
· Implement and document a systematic and integrated donor stewardship program.
· Plan and execute fundraising and stewardship events.
· Establish and manage information tracking processes to capture on-going communications to steward the donors and to enhance their relationship with CSS and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
· Attend internal and external meetings and community events as required.
· Discover donor companies’ corporate social responsibility and/or workplace giving objectives, identify opportunities that align with CSS mission and work with team to create engagement initiatives and opportunities.
· Work with the Chief Development Officer to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategies to retain current and attract new donors.
· Lead in the successful completion of the Direct Mail program.
· Engage in regular communications through calls and written correspondence with donors and prospects.
· Work in conjunction with the Marketing Manager on content across social media platforms.
· Maintain physical donor communication materials and inventory of general development team supplies.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· At least 3-5 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising with a strong knowledge of human services, poverty, non-profit sector, and faith-based organizations (especially within the Catholic Church).
· Experience with Microsoft office and CRM experience is a plus, preferably Raiser’s Edge/NXT
· Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
· Results-driven, efficient, creative, solutions oriented, who thrives in fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Maintains confidentiality and security of all information under their supervision.
Catholic Social Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce to reflect and provide culturally responsive services to a diverse community.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com