Director of Parent Relations
Website ColumbusAcademy Columbus Academy
This is the Academy Experience
The School: Founded in 1911, Columbus Academy is a coeducational college preparatory day school of over 1,100 students age 3 through grade 12 located on a 231-acre campus in Gahanna, Ohio. Student programs are organized into three divisions: Lower School (Age 3-Grade 5), Middle School (Grades 6-8) and Upper School (Grades 9-12). The school offers a vigorous academic program as part of its mission to educate the whole child – mind, body and character. Columbus Academy faculty and staff members are expected to be continuous learners in their fields, to engage in caring and cooperative partnerships with colleagues and parents, to have a demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and to help students reach their full potential.
The Position: Columbus Academy seeks a full-time Director of Parent Relations as part of the Alumni/Development and External Relations department at the school. Responsibilities to begin as soon as possible.
Qualifications (preferred candidates will possess the following qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven track record working with volunteers, in event management and with management of a budget
- Fundraising and/or advancement experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Proficiencies with office technologies: Microsoft Office (Excel), social media, email marketing (Constant Contact) and donor databases (Raiser’s Edge)
Position Expectations (the individual selected to this position will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities):
· Build and strengthen relationships with parents to support the overall advancement of the school
· Serve as the school’s liaison and provide guidance to the Parents’ Association of Columbus Academy (PACA) – standardize consistent communications, volunteer training, annual calendar and job descriptions; facilitate meetings and committee work; and coordinate volunteer recruitment for all divisions, service and affinity groups
· Help to identify, recruit and advise PACA Executive Committee members
· Oversee the operation of the Viking Corner store in partnership with the business and communications/marketing offices, including the supervision of the store managers, approval and oversight of the use of school logos/marks/brand imaging on merchandise, and incorporate “pop-up shops” at school events
· Coordinate volunteer leaders/teams and oversee annual parent events and activities such as the Charlie David Dinner, Lower School Carnival, Book Fair, faculty appreciation, new parent events and assist with schoolwide service initiatives
· Partner with fundraising team members to support parent fundraising initiatives including events, sponsorships and strategic funding needs
· Along with the Communications and Marketing Office, manage parent communications including division, grade and room needs as well as social media and parent relations web pages
· Oversee and manage parent relations budget with the PACA treasurer and the Assistant Head of School for Development and External Relations
· Adhere to high standards of exceptional customer service, meaningful stewardship and enthusiastic relationship-building
Physical Conditions (candidates must be able to manage the following conditions):
· Travel via air and car for meetings, events and conferences
· Set up and breakdown necessary equipment – tables, chairs, signage, etc. – for events
· Lift up to 50 pounds
· A non-smoking environment
Legal Requirements: All Columbus Academy employees must pass required criminal records checks. Where appropriate, individuals will also be required to provide proof of academic credentials.
To Apply: Interested candidates should apply online at columbusacademy.org/apply.
Columbus Academy believes strongly in the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We strive to foster a diverse campus community, which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability or socioeconomic background.
To apply for this job please visit columbusacademy.org.