Columbus School for Girls (CSG) is an independent day school in Columbus, Ohio, founded in 1898, serving diverse students in grades pre-k through grade 12. CSG empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. As a leader in the education of girls and young women, it is a vibrant community of more than 540 students, 135 faculty and staff, and 2,500 active alumnae. CSG’s 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with artistic, civic, and shopping experiences. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School’s direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well prepared for life beyond CSG.
Columbus School for Girls seeks to hire an energetic and creative full-time Database Management Specialist. The Database Management Specialist reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for strategic information management and support of all data systems for development programs. This includes database and data systems management, reporting, and overall operational support of fundraising efforts. Database Management Specialist will manage the development department’s database. This is a data-driven role in which superior analytical skills combined with previous experience within a best-practice customer-service or fundraising team is needed.
CSG offers a competitive salary, benefits, and professional opportunities and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious, and gender diversity of the school community.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
• Conduct audit of existing database
• Evaluate donor data and create resources for analysis and reporting
• Ensure data integrity
• Complete data requests and list-pulls
• Manage data and gift entry
• Conduct prospect research
• Liaise with staff and volunteer leadership as needed
• Establish and maintain best practices for data management
• Create dashboards for development team members to reflect targets and progress
• Complete monthly financial reports and reconcile with the CSG Business Office
• Perform other duties as required
Experience, Characteristics, Qualities:
• 3+ years of information systems or database management experience
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, data management, or adjacent field
• Knowledge of independent school data processing a plus
• Proficiency in conducting prospect research
• Knowledge of direct mail campaign management
• Computer competence with Microsoft Office and Google Suites, and databases, experience with Adobe and InDesign a plus
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, organize time, and prioritize in collaboration with stakeholders and a variety of
constituents at all levels of the school
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• High degree of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness and curiosity
• A positive attitude and able to handle multiple projects at one time with grace and good humor
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT
• Experience with Donor Search or similar wealth management software
• Knowledge of Senior Systems is a plus
Commitment to Diversity: Columbus School for Girls strives to cultivate a culture of belonging through its curriculum, pedagogy, school programs, extracurricular activities, and overall student experience. We value the diversity of our student population with 37% of students self-identifying as people of color. CSG students come from all 5 major religions, 51 zip codes, and a range of family structures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Interested candidates should apply on the Career page of our website at: https://www.columbusschoolforgirls.org/about/careers and submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position including a resume.
Columbus School for Girls celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational program, admissions, financial aid program, staff hiring, and other school-administered programs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com