Website Columbus School for Girls
Columbus School for Girls seeks to hire a second Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement. The Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for managing CSG’s engagement of key constituencies. Responsible for initiating and building the preliminary relationships with constituents, they will develop the strategy and implement the plan that will provide a thoughtful, personal and consistent, early relationship. This position establishes the foundation for donor relations with CSG and will set annual development goals on community relations, donor engagement and recruitment initiatives. They will leverage existing resources within CSG and the Development Office to “open the door” to a new relationship with CSG. This could include career or affinity groups for current students and alumnae, mix and mingle events for new and current parents, nationwide alumnae networking events, and campus-based community focused events. The Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement will work closely with the other Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement and Chief Development Officer to ensure constituent engagement supports annual fundraising strategies for an overall strategic approach to expanding and deepening relationships with CSG.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive community relations program to engage, cultivate, and deepen a constituent’s relationship with CSG to support overall goals of the Development Office and Chief Development Officer
- Identify and reconnect unengaged constituent groups
- Serve as school liaison to CSG’s volunteer associations by attending monthly meetings and providing support as needed
- Plan and oversee engagement and solicitation-based communication, including the creation of an annual calendar of outreach and solicitation
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and solicitation of constituency groups
- Manage the smooth flow of information between constituent groups and the School
- Coordinate various constituent relationship building events
- Arrange and participate in donor solicitation and/or cultivation meetings, as necessary
- Works closely with the Development Office staff and other school personnel to ensure cohesive, school-wide program integration
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting on results
- Develop and maintain the highest level or morale, motivation, productivity and teamwork within the Development Office and ensure a high level of collaboration between the Development Office and other administrative areas.
- Record and track all activities and actions in database
- Minimal travel required
- Perform other duties as necessitated
Experience, Characteristics, Qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience developing and directing constituent relations programs
- Ability to establish goals and action plans and to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals
- Experience managing and/or working with volunteers
- Demonstrated skills in the logistical planning of small-and large-scale events
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated talent for recruiting, managing and inspiring volunteers
- Ability to engage, connect, effectively communicate and collaborate with constituents of all ages and walks of life.
- Proficiency in social media management, particularly Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Competence in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Raiser’s Edge
CSG offers a competitive salary, benefits, and professional opportunities and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious, and gender diversity of the school community.
Interested candidates should apply on the Career page of our website at: https://www.columbusschoolforgirls.org/about/careers and submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position including a resume.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbusschoolforgirls.org.