“If we can get one child adopted into a loving family, all our work will be worth it.” – Dave Thomas
Join us as we champion our mission to dramatically increase the number of adoptions of children waiting in North America’s foster care systems. We’ve helped more than 12,000 young people find safe, permanent homes across the United States and Canada, but our mission is not complete. Invest your career in making a difference and join the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption team.
We offer a supportive workplace where you can make an impact. We are dedicated to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment for Foundation staff, while advocating for measurable change toward racial equity within the child welfare system.
We are looking for excellent talent to support our mission. Located in Dublin, Ohio the senior manager, development is responsible for annual giving opportunities that support the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s mission within a comprehensive philanthropic program. This opportunity will utilize your development expertise in leading the donor relations and stewardship program to diversify funding and build strategic partnerships that support our mission. If you have demonstrated success in strategic relationship management, annual giving and a passion for nurturing donors, we encourage you to learn more about the role and apply.
- Partner with director of development to build and maintain a strategic portfolio of 75-100 prospective funders for leadership annual giving, foundations and corporations outside of the Wendy’s system
- Provide strategic leadership of a comprehensive multi-channel annual giving program in concert with a variety of agency partners
- Serve as team lead over a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program by streamlining a systemic and integrated program that encompasses donor acknowledgement, donor recognition and special initiatives
- Partner with development team to develop modes of metric-based analysis to support strategic adjustments and recommendations of the donor relations and stewardship program
What You Bring:
- Undergraduate degree required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in major and/or midlevel giving, with at least 3 years’ direct fundraising experience
- Experience in digital fundraising and/or annual fund management is preferred
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and trending preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Values diversity and supports an inclusive culture
At the Foundation, we value each member of our team, and we are committed to taking care of you. We provide competitive compensation and benefits, such as:
- First day of hire medical, dental and vision insurance coverage for you and your family
- Eligibility for a 403(b) retirement match program after the first year of employment
- Adoption-Friendly Workplace with adoption and foster care leave and financial benefits
- Paid holidays, as well as paid personal, vacation and sick days
- Flexible, hybrid schedule arrangement for most positions allowing employees to choose to work from home up to two days a week
- Organization-sponsored health reimbursement account (HRA) debit card to pay for the first $4,500 (individual)/$9,000 (family) in medical expenses each year
- Annual performance reviews and career advancement opportunities
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, religious beliefs, political affiliation, creed, HIV/AIDS status, ethnicity, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, familial status, veteran/military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or any other category protected by applicable law. Any employee who engages in such conduct is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.