Website Denison University
Develop a pipeline of future donors to Denison through the management, organization, and promotion of philanthropic support for the University. Prioritize alumni donor acquisition and reactivation through individual visits, student outreach to alumni, current undergraduate student philanthropy, and alumni volunteerism and events.
Essential Job Functions
Donor Engagement, Acquisition, and Reactivation
● Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects for annual gifts to the college.
● Visit with alumni donors and prospects, documenting activities, strategies, results, and next steps within CRM.
● Work with Institutional Advancement staff to identify and solicit new donors to increase the university’s participation rate.
● Provide consistent donor-centered cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship through multiple communication channels including phone, email, and in-person visits.
● Assist in planning and implementing regional university events to drive donor acquisition and reactivation.
● Work with small groups of alumni for either on-campus or off-campus events, including the potential creation of a young alumni Class Agent program to continually engage recent alumni with the college.
Management of Student Outreach to Alumni
● Manage all student employees of the student ambassador program, a student-driven outreach program utilizing phone, email, and text, including student employee recruitment, training, and performance assessments.
● Manage strong student leadership to execute on campus components of the student ambassador program, including traditional Phonathon calling and developing and managing communications to alumni, parents, and friends of the college.
● Participate in the development of goals, strategy, segmentation plans, and portfolio assignments. Motivate students to achieve outreach, engagement, and philanthropic annual goals.
● Utilize technology to continually improve program performance and efficiency.
● Develop trainings and communications based on Annual Fund strategy and constituent segments, and train students to effectively communicate desired messages.
● Manage the importing and exporting of data needed to run the program, as well as all data analysis and reporting of metrics.
● Partner with internal and external constituents to ensure the viability of data and maintain a thorough knowledge of technology and industry best practices.
● Respond to alumni and family questions and requests generated through the program.
● Identify emerging opportunities to supplement student outreach programs to continue the acquisition and reacquisition of new and lapsed donors while cultivating lasting relationships with all alumni.
● Assist in the continued growth and development of a comprehensive undergraduate philanthropy program that is charged to help educate the student body on the importance of philanthropic support and the role it plays in their everyday lives, focusing on communication with internal audiences, i.e. students.
● Partner with appropriate university offices to incorporate philanthropy education into currently existing student programs such as convocation, orientation, and other opportunities.
● Manage student volunteers who serve on the student philanthropy committees for their Class Gift programs. Encourage these volunteers to work with their peers to raise awareness and funds for Denison to promote long-term participation with the Annual Fund, and strengthen relationships with the college as a whole.
● Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to working with various departments within Institutional Advancement.
To apply for this job please visit employment.denison.edu.