STEWARDSHIP OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORT TO: Chief Stewardship Officer
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
HOURS: Regular business hours plus some weekends and evenings for various Stewardship Events
PAY RANGE: $45,000 to $52,000 plus benefits
It has been stated that 90% of the world’s products are designed for 10% of the world’s population. Billions of lives have been changed by technological advancement, but billions are still left behind in areas such as access to clean water, sanitation, and basic healthcare solutions. If today’s engineers have the capacity to create self-driving cars, then why not create solutions that alleviate global poverty?
The needs are massive and urgent. For instance, as of 2021, nearly 1 out of every 8 people in the world lacks access to clean water, resulting in women and children making daily long and often dangerous journeys to collect water that will make them sick. However, we have seen firsthand the transformation that happens in communities where DO’s hand pump solution, the LifePump, has been operating for years without failures. We have hope that appropriate and reliable technology solutions are within reach that may break the cycle of poverty and provide bridges to share the Gospel.
We are a team of professionals developing technology that makes a lasting difference in people’s physical, economical, and spiritual well-being. We do this by engineering products that are appropriate for the context and community’s needs and by providing a high level of quality in all our products.
DO’s four core values are excellence, faith, compassion, and collaboration. We are looking for teammates that excel in each of these areas.
Maximize Design Outreach’s fundraising revenue through the management and optimization of the Stewardship Department’s operational processes. Manage the department’s relationships with partners to coordinate accounting, reporting, recordkeeping and other fundraising operations. Build and maintain various fundraising tools that are essential to a successful development operation.
Candidate is a creative, driven problem solver who has a deep understanding of the importance of quality data and efficient operations. Ideal candidate possesses good judgment; strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral) skills; initiative; is self-motivated; detail oriented; and desires to have fun while meeting high standards for quality of work. A general understanding of fundraising and data management; and a minimum of 2-4 years professional experience in data management, office management, or administration required. A BS/BA in business, library sciences, or related field is preferred.
· Work with team members to improve Design Outreach’s Stewardship Operations. Apply industry-standard best practices to analyze and develop improvements to departmental systems and processes so they can be used by all team members to improve work performance and operational efficiency.
· Provide oversight and direction to the Stewardship Coordinator. Delegate responsibilities that foster growth within the Coordinator role. Serve as a resource to the Coordinator to help ensure all accountabilities are met.
· Ensure effective usage and integrity of development and communications technology systems, including CRM, online giving platform and MailChimp.
· Implement procedures to routinely review and provide recommendations for systems that support the department; if systems are lacking or inefficient, propose and implement solutions to maximize efficiency.
· Communicate updates of departmental tools with staff through (re)training and documentation in the Stewardship Operations and Support-Raising Procedures Manuals.
· Establish and manage highly segmented reports and data files. Compile, summarize, and analyze statistical and other data and develop findings, conclusions, and recommendations for personalized engagement. Pull segmentation reports for invitations, solicitations, and communications. Develop protocols for the entry of donor attributes to allow for additional segmentation.
· Manage all aspects of fund administration, sponsorship funds, grant agreements, grant reporting, outcomes, and all relevant data.
Data Management and Reporting:
· Enhance revenue and expense forecasting infrastructure to uphold transparency. Create visual forecasting reports that enhance digestible data.
· Develop systematic reports, visualizations, and dashboards to track key performance indicators. Respond to ad hoc reporting needs of users.
· Create and implement a development auditing plan to ensure accurate demographic and gift recording processes, procedures, and documentation to ensure data integrity and data security.
· Accurately maintain the accounting database and manage lists for mailings and events.
· Accurately maintain electronic mail database (Mail Chimp).
· Understands and supports the mission of a Christ-centered organization dedicated to sharing the Gospel by word and deed.
· Passionate about Design Outreach’s vision and motivation, as outlined in the case for support and employee handbook.
· Kingdom- and abundance-minded when working with ministry partners.
· Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, demonstrates presence, self-confidence, and good listening skills.
· Must work effectively with donors, volunteers, and allied organizations, many of whom may be motivated by a deep commitment to serve Jesus Christ.
· Experience with databases is required with a strong preference for fundraising software.
· Must have experience in platforms (WordPress), donation platform, apps (MailChimp), software (high proficiency with Microsoft Office products required).
· Always demonstrates professional conduct.
· Ability to commit to 40 hours total per week, with availability in the evenings and weekends to support special events, accommodate volunteer/donor schedules, and ensure deadlines are achieved.
· Self-directed, action-oriented, detail-oriented, collaborative.
Salary/Benefits and Details:
· Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
· Work from office in Gahanna, Ohio, with the ability to travel domestically and internationally to meet with clients, supporters, and partners.
Position start date is negotiable with interviews ongoing until position is filled. Please send cover letter/resume to CSO Rhonda Davis-Comoretto at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Rhondadc@doutreach.org