Website Cancer Support Community Central Ohio
At Cancer Support Community we provide emotional and social support, education, and resources to people impacted by cancer to help them manage their cancer journey and achieve better health outcomes and improved quality of life. Our mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. More information about our programs and services can be found at www.cancersupportohio.org.
The Development Manager will assist in creating and implementing fundraising initiatives so that Cancer Support Community Central Ohio continues to meet its financial goals in order to serve all people impacted by cancer through evidence-based programs that are offered at no cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
Grants and Community Sponsorships
- Research grant opportunities; write grant applications and reports.
- Using GrantHub, maintain all grant and community sponsorship details, deadlines, and fulfillment requirements.
- Collaborate with other staff members to assure all aspects of grant agreements are met.
Major Gifts, Corporate Support and Planned Giving
- Using iWave software, research current and new donors to identify potential sources of major gifts, planned giving, and corporate support.
- Create presentation packages and other materials for corporate prospects, individual major gifts prospects, and planned giving prospects.
Direct Marketing and Annual Campaigns
- Assist Development Director in creating multi-channel year-end and mid-year appeals and other direct marketing campaigns including lapsed donor appeals.
- Manage recurring donor program; create and implement initiatives to increase members.
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Update and coordinate implementation of donor stewardship plan.
- Create and implement new stewardship initiatives, including annual report.
Donor Database Management
- Manage paper and electronic records of donor transactions and communications, including entering donor information and donations into database and generating letters.
- Create queries and reports to analyze, assess, and inform fundraising efforts.
- 1 year of previous non-profit fundraising experience (not events) required.
- 1 year of previous experience applying for or managing grants required.
- Experience using donor database software required.
College degree in Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Demonstrated project management and time management skills required.
- Must be highly self-motivated, able to work in fast paced environment, and effectively manage multiple priorities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org