Website NC4K (Nellie's Champions for Kids)
No Kid Fights Cancer Alone
The Development Manager is responsible for planning and leading fundraising strategies for NC4K. The position is responsible for ensuring the success and diversification of fundraising and development opportunities with emphasis on annual giving, major gifts, corporate giving, grant and foundation support, signature special events and third-party events.
This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with individual and corporate donors, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and colleagues. A passion to advocate for NC4K kids and families and tell their story in a compelling way is essential. A demonstrated commitment to accountability and measuring outcomes in a results-oriented culture is also required.
This individual is committed to NC4K’s vision, mission and values while implementing sustainable donor development programs that capitalize on diverse revenue streams, with a donor-centric focus. This is an exciting time in NC4K’s 15-year history as we are in the midst of a strategic planning process and looking to grow our support for the 500+ families we serve in Ohio. The NC4K team is dedicated, collaborative, energetic, creative, resourceful, with a can-do attitude and big hearts for our pediatric cancer families.
Responsibilities, Tasks, and Duties
● Strategize, design, execute, analyze, and report on all fundraising plans and activities.
● Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardship of donors at all levels.
● Prepare for and personally solicit gifts, in conjunction with staff and key volunteers.
● Manage and administer the donor management systems.
● Ensure the success of development events in collaboration with staff and volunteer leaders.
● Lead creative marketing, messaging and communication efforts for social media, electronic and print materials.
● Lead corporate sponsorship cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
● Seek and create new development opportunities.
● Elevate and oversee donor acknowledgment and stewardship efforts and processes.
● Remain vigilant of and research grant opportunities; write and submit grant applications.
● Coordinate gift solicitations by Executive Director, Board Members and key stakeholders, and train as appropriate.
● Engage with external organizations and professional networks that provide continuing education and opportunities to build long-term relationships with supporters.
● Develop and maintain knowledge of city, state, corporate, community, and individual giving interests and trends.
● Represent NC4K with professionalism, integrity and in the interest of maximizing our support to pediatric cancer families by facilitating a meaningful giving experience.
● Support staff with NC4K family events by assisting with preparations and event execution.
● Support Executive Director and Board with other projects and events as requested.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● 3 years professional fundraising experience preferred.
● Proven track record in revenue and relationship development.
● Experience with grant writing preferred.
● A knack for working with a donor database, fundraising platform, and marketing software.
● Strong organizational skills to plan and implement development events and programs.
● An eagerness to be a team player.
● Excellent communication skills, including written and public speaking skills, with a variety of stakeholders.
● Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population.
● High character and trustworthiness.
● A professional nature with the ability to meet deadlines, establish priorities, and remain flexible.
● Strong work ethic that includes thoroughness, timeliness and detail when working under pressure.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to work with Apple products.
This position is expected to work in the NC4K office on a hybrid basis. NC4K does not currently offer medical or retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume to [email protected]
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Additional job duties are to be performed as needed or assigned.
NC4K’s mission is to support kids fighting cancer. We pursue this mission by providing financial support, emotional support and events for play for families living or being treated in Ohio who have received a pediatric cancer diagnosis. We understand the impact of a cancer diagnosis for a child is beyond devastating for a family and our aim is to offer meaningful support throughout the family’s journey.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com