Website Nellie's Champions for Kids (NC4K)
NC4K is dedicated to supporting kids fighting cancer
Nellie’s Champions for Kids (NC4K) – Executive Director
Nellie’s Champions for Kids (NC4K) is recruiting an Executive Director (ED) to join a dynamic organization dedicated to supporting kids fighting cancer and their families. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for NC4K’s execution of its mission. The ED will be responsible for leading the day-to-day organizational operations including core programing and service initiatives, building the brand of the organization, developing and implementing the development plan and ensuring effective and efficient operations.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing excellence in serving pediatric cancer families, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize NC4K volunteers, board members, event committees, ambassadors, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Partner with the Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations.
- Lead, coach, and develop NC4K’s professional team.
- Ensure effective systems to track impact and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Development & Communications:
- Lead a comprehensive effort to enhance and stabilize a diverse portfolio of fundraising initiatives.
- Engage in targeted development activities, including efforts with individuals, corporations and grants.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal expanding brand and mission awareness.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Service to Families:
- Actively engage with families to develop meaningful opportunities to foster connection and support by attending family events and engaging with families individually.
- Foster and nurture partnerships with hospital leadership and staff.
Finance & Administration:
- Provide comprehensive oversight for operational policies and procedures.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and approve an annual budget.
- Lead the team to manage individual program budgets.
- Partner with the Board Treasurer to complete monthly financial bookkeeping and reporting processes. Attend to regular financial tasks including but not limited to bill payment, payroll documentation, tax filing and insurance management.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to NC4K’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. They must have meaningful experience executing development plans and attending to the fluid and diverse needs of a small, yet comprehensive, organization.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with at least 3-5 years of non-profit experience or related. Master’s degree a plus.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and develop high-performing teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Significant experience initiating, leading and executing fundraising activities including but not limited to corporate relations, individual giving campaigns and grant writing.
- Success cultivating and maintaining meaningful relationships with community of supporters.
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted through April 16, 2021.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Additional job duties are to be performed as needed or assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org