To serve as part of a dynamic team providing innovative internal and external communications support for NiSource business programs. Successfully support and execute the company’s strategic communications functions including internal communications, public relations, media relations, and community outreach.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the implementation of internal and external communications plans in support of company goals, strategies, and operating plan.
- Plans and supports Community and Employee Engagement activities across the NiSource operating area.
Assists with volunteer management opportunities, reports, and grant requests.
- Plans and supports internal and external projects, meetings, and events. Responsibilities include managing logistics, executing event communications, reserving facilities, ordering materials, and working with other departments.
- Monitors customer feedback systems to ensure proper customer follow up. Coordinates direct mail pieces, customer emails, public forums, and other communications vehicles to maximize outreach to external audiences.
- Creates reports, mail merges, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and graphs by obtaining, compiling, and organizing data.
- Coordinates administrative or clerical projects and programs by understanding results, developing processes, and utilizing tracking methods.
- Composes and distributes mail and correspondence while maintaining confidentiality with respect to propriety trade, business, and client matters. Edits, corrects grammar, punctuation, and spellings.
- Coordinates and schedules public awareness program events and appearances.
- Works with associated software systems and databases to set up vendors and process invoices for payment.
- Performs office administration functions such as invoice processing and payment, record keeping, inventory control, maintaining business unit supplies, and other related duties.
- Establishes and maintains physical filing systems and computer databases.
- Provide calendar support. Schedules appointments and travel arrangements.
- Maintains and supports the business unit in use of office equipment.
- Identifies opportunities and taking action to build collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals. (Building partnerships/strategic working relationships)
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization. (Building Trust)
- Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. (Initiating Action)
- Clearly conveys information and ideas in a manner that engages the individual or group audience and helps them understand the message. (Communication)
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes, adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, process, requirements or cultures. (Adaptability)
- Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences. (Decision Making)
- Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals. (Contributing to team success)
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications for Position
- Experience in a professional/corporate communications environment.
- Must be a self-starter who is extremely organized and detail-oriented, enjoys technology, can work in a team environment, and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills required.
- Create and maintain valued relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to competently and professionally interact with the public under a variety of circumstances.
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, Political Science or related field.
Minimum of 1+ years’ experience working with Ohio communities, government and/or nonprofit organizations.
To apply for this job please visit nisource.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.