Website Ohio Northern University
Executive Director of Development
Posting Number: S000291
Department: University Advancement
The Executive Director of Development is a member of the development team and is responsible for devising and executing a comprehensive major gift fundraising plan to maximize the securing of principal, leadership level gifts for the University.
- Developing strategies for identification, cultivation, and solicitation of principal level gifts
- Support, assist, and partner with other development staff in providing mentorship and assisting in the development of colleague gift officers as needed
- Actively manage a portfolio of top major gift prospects and donors for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Serve as lead team member on major university fundraising projects, particularly those that cross college and department affinities.
- Partner with VP and AVP and various university leaders, faculty / staff to represent Advancement in the establishment and implementation of major gifts fundraising strategies, plans, and goals
- Meet or exceed goals relating to the cultivation and securing of support from assigned prospects
- Potentially serve as a development liaison to academic/departmental units or colleges
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced level skills in knowledge, planning, and implementation of major and planned giving programs
- Goal orientation with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission and goals of the University
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and close major gifts
- Ability to effectively develop and implement operational, tactical, and strategic plans for projects throughout the university
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively, accept responsibility, and motivate colleagues, volunteers, and donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and integrity
- Ensure compliance with governmental and University policies and regulations
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to try new approaches and take appropriate risks
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with the internet, social media, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of professional experience in development, preferably within a university or other complex not-for-profit environment
- Demonstrated record of success in securing principal level major and planned gifts
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- The position will involve being on campus an average of 2 days / week for administrative duties to complement travel for cultivating alumni and friends.
- This position requires travel and a willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary
- Graduate degree and / or CFRE
- Ten or more years of professional experience in development, preferably within a university or other complex not-for-profit environment
Open Until Filled: No
Closing Date: 08/31/2021
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/8158
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.onu.edu.