Website Ohio Wesleyan University
The University’s Division of Advancement invites applications for an Assistant Director of Young Alumni Engagement & Outreach. This position will work within a collaborative office environment developing and implementing programs, communication strategies, volunteer engagement and initiatives designed to instill a sense of lifelong engagement and building a community of belonging with the university and within various constituent groups. This position reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement.
Young Alumni Engagement & Events
- Responsible for creating, managing and executing an engagement plan for young alumni that encourages and fosters their life-long relationship with Ohio Wesleyan through events, volunteerism, and programs.
- In partnership with annual giving team members, responsible for overseeing volunteer recruitment, reunion committees, management and motivation for the 5th, 10th & 15th reunion program to encourage alumni engagement and participation in the support of their class gift.
Alumni Diversity Programs and Engagement
- Responsible for expanding the depth and scope of diversity, equity, and inclusive programming, events, volunteer opportunities, and engagement for our diverse alumni population.
- Manages, communicates, and builds community among newly established task force groups (black alumni task force, LGBTQIA+ group, first gen task force…)
Communications & Outreach
- Oversees the alumni associations’ social media strategy and platforms in close collaboration with the University’s overall social media strategy, creating content, measuring engagement and driving participation. This position works closely with the University’s social media strategist and producer.
- In collaboration with other University Advancement team members, this position is responsible for the designing, creative elements/implementation of alumni and friends newsletters, brochures, graphics and video creation for targeted communication pieces. (Canva, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Spark)
Student to Alumni Programs
- Serves as co-advisor of the student alumni association, OWUSAA. Oversees, guides and mentors OWUSAA members to ensure alignment with University Advancement goals
- Works with campus partners to create and develop unique programming that brings students and alumni together and supports the building of student engagement, communities of belonging and giving earlier at OWU.
- Manages the Graduating Class Trustee and Graduating Class Alumni Board Representation elections annually
Secondary Functions (Other Duties):
- Maintain open communications with alumni; provide assistance when asked by alumni; provide follow-up with alumni when necessary.
- Work within the fiscal budget when planning and implementing programs;
- Perform other related duties for University/Alumni Relations as assigned.
- Develop skills in the latest technology pertinent to your position. Familiarity with Raisers Edge, Blackbaud and BBNC preferred
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two (2) years of experience in volunteer management, alumni relations and/or development.
- Social media experience and content development using a variety of platforms.
- Experience in video editing, graphics, and images and experience using InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva
- The ability for some travel and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings
- An aptitude for collaborating with others and balancing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Serve as a positive member of the University Advancement staff contributing towards achievement of goals related to the University Advancement Division, alumni participation and the university community.
To apply for this job please visit owu.edu.