Where New Paths Begin
Are you ready to make a difference? Are you ready to BE the CHANGE? Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Advancement Officer of OhioGuidestone is to be an enthusiastic member of the Advancement Department in helping OhioGuidestone maximize philanthropic support from individuals, foundations, corporations and organizations through the cultivation and solicitation of individual donors, with a special focus on sustaining and expanding assigned OhioGuidestone region(s).
Recovery is possible with OhioGuidestone. A leader in the field of behavioral health with a 155-year history, we address the needs of the whole person, helping individuals reset their paths, reclaim their autonomy and restore their purpose. OhioGuidestone connects individuals with the resources needed to achieve lifelong success, providing community counseling, substance use disorder treatment, workforce development training, early childhood mental health services, psychiatric care and more.
- Together with the VP of Advancement and Director of Advancement, implements funding strategies in line with the OhioGuidestone Strategic Plan, collaborates with partnership agencies and networks to maintain current positive relationships in the community as well as to promote the agency to external sources while improving fundraising attainment each year.
- Document all donor activity into donor database in a timely manner.
- Have basic knowledge of donor database functionality and be accountable for status of own attainment.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 assigned donors and prospects.
- Cultivates and solicits gifts from individuals, organizations, and corporations in support of OhioGuidestone through the achievement of 72 cultivation/solicitation meetings fiscal year.
- Cultivates and stewards donors in support of Central Ohio, Columbus Neighborhood programming.
- Successfully solicit individual, organization, and corporate support through monetary gifts.
- Spearheads partnerships with local and national sports figures/teams to solicit charitable dollars.
- Project manager for major regional events.
- Ensures the integrity of program and service delivery, compliance and evaluation. Ensures compliance with internal standards and goals, all contract/grant specifications, as well as licensing, regulatory and accreditation standards including but not limited to ODJFS, ODE, County, Council on Accreditation, EAGLE Accreditation, NAEYC, SUTQ, State/County HMG< Medicaid, ODMH, etc. Ensures all Local, State, Federal and GAAP laws and regulations.
- May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events, specific projects, or program changes.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Exhibits positivity, flexibility and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Employee may be asked to complete related duties other than those indicated above as assigned by their supervisor.
- Must adhere to all Our Promise Values and Guiding Principles.
- Ability to develop a proficiency in presenting, soliciting and marketing charitable gift annuity and other planned gift opportunities.
- Ability to post all contact notes, keeping current within two weeks of contacts being made.
- Ability to ensure that fiscal goals set by the VP of Advancement are achieved for major gifts and refer OhioGuidestone prospects to the Director of Advancement when appropriate.
- Ability to write foundation grants in a compelling, comprehensive and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, meet deadlines and coordinate tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to operate a computer, knowledge with basic Microsoft products, and other position related technologies.
- Ability to verbally exchange information in a confidential manner with employees, clients, students, participants, and/or families in various settings.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed and handle crisis calls and act accordingly to meet business needs.
- Ability to clearly and confidentially communicate with OhioGuidestone employees, clients, students, participants, and other stakeholders when needed.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to access work businesses, office, and various work locations as necessary which may include ascending/descending stairs.
- Must be able to stoop, stand, walk, bend, and stay upright to perform work.
- Must be able to communicate using all means including but not limited to, in-person, phone, and computer.
- Must be able to visually read written and digital information, determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned and/or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication, with ability to hear business partners and co-workers at normal speaking levels.
- Must be able to occasionally move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds across OhioGuidestone locations.
- Must be able to project voice to teach, present, and deliver information, presentations, and any other agency information to small-large audiences.
- Must be able to frequently drive to varying work environments including agency offices, schools, community based events, business partners, including private homes in various communities.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in major gift cultivation and solicitation, planned giving, and public speaking required.
- Preferred knowledge and experience of Raisers Edge & PG Calc.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License with a safe driving record and valid insurance.
- Ability to take and pass a physical exam, tuberculosis test and drug screening.
- Employment is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.