Website St. Charles Preparatory School
Building Better Men
St. Charles Preparatory School is seeking a proactive, principled, and motivated individual to lead
the school’s efforts to identify, solicit and secure Major Gifts from existing and new sources.
This person will direct the efforts and develop a comprehensive, year-round plan for Major Gifts,
which will include goals, strategies, and programming that aim to build and engage the school’s
donor base. The Major Gifts Director will effectively manage donor gifts to St. Charles and produce
related reports and communications.
Through a variety of means, this individual will identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful
relationships with established and potential donors, seeking and securing gifts for St. Charles, as
well as identifying potential campaign and planned giving prospects. The Major Gifts Director will
report to the Director of Advancement.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with the Advancement team to create and manage a comprehensive fundraising plan for Major Gifts. o Achieve dollar, participation, and qualitative goals for the campaign.
o Implement strategies to achieve Major Gift Goals with the Principal and Advancement Team. o Create and manage a schedule of multidimensional appeals that leverage a variety of media.
o Spearhead special fundraisers working in collaboration with the Advancement staff.
• Build relationships with constituents and personally solicit an assigned pool of prospects as appropriate.
• Coordinate gift entry and acknowledgment process with the database coordinator to ensure timely recognition of gifts. • Draft and coordinate Major Gift solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
• Analyze results of the fund by tracking progress from year to year and generate reports and statistics.
• Attend all On-Campus, and Off-Campus events with the Advisory Board, Principal and supporting Organizations.
• Develop and maintain the Major Gifts budget in coordination with the Director of Advancement. Support the development of program budgets and adherence of project timelines.
• Cultivate relationships with foundations that support the mission of St. Charles. St. Charles Preparatory School Director of Major Gifts
Develop and facilitate Grant requests through different agencies.
• Fundraising and development expertise and innovation.
• Collaboration and communication.
• Proven track record managing a campaign.
• A strong sense of fundraising ethics and practices and respect of confidentiality of donor information. Qualifications:
• Previous experience in private education, annual fund work and/or capital campaigns, as well as understanding of and experience with the technology infrastructure that underpins them.
• Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (or other similar fundraising CRM) to track visits, produce contact notes and conduct appropriate constituent follow up.
• Willingness and aptitude to immediately create a plan to increase support to the school. • Previous knowledge and experience with Grant Submissions.
• Desire to build and sustain a department over the next several years with an impact on countless lives over the next century.
• A drive to uphold our Mission, Vision, Founding Promise and Core Values.
• Understanding of and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church under the direction of the Diocese of Columbus.
• Bachelor’s degree (industry-related designations preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org