Website St. Charles Preparatory School
A Distinctive Leader in Catholic Education
St. Charles is an all-boys college preparatory high school of the Diocese of Columbus, Ohio, that instills in its graduates the importance of prayer, faith, service, character and hard work in an environment that values diversity, accountability and excellence and that creates an enduring tradition of brotherhood.
St. Charles Preparatory School will be nationally recognized as a premier pre-collegiate educational experience, developing young men for lives of contribution, service and leadership—consistent with the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Catholic tradition—by providing access for students of all backgrounds to the region’s best educators, curricula, programs and facilities.
Our Founding Promise:
St. Charles Preparatory School remains faithful to the century-old promise of its founder, Bishop James J. Hartley, that an exceptional education be provided to every young man willing to accept the challenge of studying at St. Charles, regardless of background or means.
St. Charles is seeking a proactive, principled, and motivated individual to lead the school’s Annual Fund, the foundation of St. Charles’s fundraising initiatives. This person will direct the efforts and develop a comprehensive, year-round plan for the Annual Fund, which will include goals, strategies, and programming that aim to build and engage the school’s donor base. The Annual Fund Director will effectively manage donor gifts to the Annual Fund and produce related reports and communications.
Through a variety of means, this individual will identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with established and potential donors, seeking and securing gifts for the Annual Fund, as well as identifying potential campaign and planned giving prospects. The Annual Fund Director will report to the Director of Advancement.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
· Work collaboratively with the Advancement team to create and manage a comprehensive fundraising plan and appeal schedule for the Annual Fund.
o Set dollar, participation, and qualitative goals for the Annual Fund.
o Create and implement strategies to achieve Annual Fund Goals.
o Create and manage a schedule of multidimensional appeals that leverage a variety of media.
o Spearhead special fundraisers working in collaboration with the Advancement staff.
· Build relationships with constituents and personally solicit an assigned pool of prospects as appropriate.
· Coordinate gift entry and acknowledgment process with the database manager to ensure timely recognition of gifts.
· Draft and coordinate Annual Fund solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
· Analyze results of the fund by tracking progress from year to year and generate reports and statistics.
· Attend all Advisory Board Meetings, On-Campus, and Off-Campus events.
· Develop and maintain the Annual Fund budget in coordination with the Director of Advancement. Support the development of program budgets and adherence of project timelines.
· Fundraising and development expertise and innovation.
· Collaboration and communication.
· Proven track record managing an annual campaign.
· A strong sense of fundraising ethics and practices and respect of confidentiality of donor information.
· Previous experience in private education, annual fund work and/or capital campaigns, as well as understanding of and experience with the technology infrastructure that underpins them.
· Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track visits, produce contact notes and conduct appropriate constituent follow up.
· Willingness and aptitude to immediately create a plan to increase support to the school.
· Desire to build and sustain a department over the next several years with an impact on countless lives over the next century.
· A drive to uphold our Mission, Vision, Founding Promise and Core Values.
· Understanding of and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church under the direction of the Diocese of Columbus.
· Bachelor’s degree (industry-related designations preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com