Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement
Website The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
The Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Take Steps) works in partnership with Foundation leaders, community volunteers and committees to drive growth and success in the Take Steps fundraising campaign. This individual will identify, recruit, train and partner with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize their engagement in order to advance the mission of the Foundation.
The Manager travels throughout the designated market area to meet with constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters. The Manager will help to identify and cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the IBD community.
This role is 2 days/week in the Columbus, OH office and 3 days/week Remote.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop impactful relationships within the patient and corporate community empowering them to tell their stories through direct peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Go the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, use that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way. Communicate shared vision by utilizing national campaign and marketing materials, adjusting as appropriate.
- Create annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management to ensure success of the Take Steps campaign.
- Ensure revenue goal is achieved by developing, implementing and assessing year-round strategic fundraising plans for all Take Steps walks. Plan includes campaign revenue drivers: proactive team engagement, acquisition, day of experience, sponsorship and data-revenue tracking and assessment. Make timely adjustments to fundraising strategies as needed.
- Prioritize relationship development. Deliver excellent customer service to all donors, participants, corporate partners and teams by understanding their interests, responding promptly to requests and providing consistent year-round communication.
- Manage and execute logistics to provide an inspirational day-of event experience for corporate partners, patients and supporters.
- Collaborate with local and national staff to work collectively towards strategic team goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete database, records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Build a compelling vision for growth and collaboration with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve this vision.
- Work with leadership volunteer and committees to identify, recruit and engage volunteers who have potential to make a significant impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability and recognition.
- Partner with and provide comprehensive support to volunteer committees in order to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships.
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting and time management.
- Exceptional written/oral presentation and communication skills.
- Computer skills including basic data management and Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative thinker/problem solver.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization, and externally with volunteers and partners.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel locally up to 25%.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.