Do you have infectious enthusiasm? Are you a skilled communicator? Do you want to work towards a mission rather than just work a job? Then join our dynamic team at The Dawes Arboretum! We are actively recruiting for a Director of Development.
Your purpose is to build, implement, encourage, and support mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations with individual donors, corporations, and foundations. You will champion our mission by leading an energized team of Development Associates responsible for The Arboretum’s fundraising while also sharing opportunities with prospects and investors about The Dawes Arboretum’s impact. A keen innovator with exceptional communication and persistent collaboration abilities are just a few of the key skills essential for success in this role.
Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Create annual and long-range fundraising and membership plans by utilizing benchmarks and best practices.
· Partner with the Executive Director, Chief Operation Officer, and the Board of Trustees to develop and implement a major capital campaign program to support future capital / facility needs.
· Cultivate and nurture relationships with corporate and foundation partners.
· Coordinate all non-membership giving programs including but not limited to the annual appeal / annual fund and tribute giving program.
· Oversee grant seeking opportunities to include research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
If the above speaks to you, please submit your cover letter and resume demonstrating the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field; or a combination of education and experience.
· Four (4) years of demonstrated experience in development, sales, business, or other relevant areas.
· Excellent storytelling, relationship building and project management abilities.
· Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
· A strategic results-oriented leader and problem solver.
The Dawes Arboretum is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all team members are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We want a team that reflects our diversity so that we can approach our mission with integrity, compassion, and authenticity.
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: ‘Director of Development’ before Friday, September 3, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org