Website United Way of Central Ohio
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Director of Individual Giving & Donor Stewardship
Date of update: June 9, 2021
FSLA Classification: Exempt (Salary)
Budgeted Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000 annually plus benefits, 37.5 hours per week
· 15 vacation days earned annually
· 12 paid holidays annually
· One personal day annually (awarded on January 1st)
· Seven sick days earned annually (14 days earned the 2nd year)
· Flexible daily hours (available year-round)
· Summer hours (offered from Memorial Day through Labor Day)
· Tuition reimbursement (subject to availability of funds)
· Medical and dental insurance (employee pays 20% of premium)
· Vision insurance (employee pays 100% of premium)
· Short-term disability insurance (employee pays 50% of premium)
· Medical & dependent care flexible spending account
· Long term disability and term life insurance (employer pays 100% of premium)
· 401K plan with up to a 3% match and a 3% safe harbor contribution for eligible/participating employees after 1 year of service
· Pets allowed in the workplace (certain guidelines apply)
· Business casual dress code policy
· Reimbursement of mileage and other business-related expenses
· Free parking
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Develop new, innovative fundraising and stewardship strategies to grow and retain donors. Plan, organize, and direct leadership giving focus areas related to the United Way’s Leaders United and, as well as partner with the Leadership Giving team to develop and implement impactful recognition and stewardship programs for all affinity groups. Lead Learn United engagement series. Represent United Way in community roundtables and partnerships.
· Staff and manage Leaders United (recognizing members who contribute $1,000 or more to United Way’s Community Fund). This includes actively soliciting new Leaders United prospects and existing members for renewal/increased gift commitments.
· Manage Leaders United donors aged 30 and younger, who contribute at least $365 to the Community Fund. Effectively steward, grow and retain members.
· Staff and manage other affinity groups as assigned.
· Help develop and manage UWCO’s leadership giving recognition and stewardship programs, Cinquefoil Fellowship and Community Builders
· Evaluate, analyze, and monitor donor and prospect data within the ANDAR and CRM database systems as a basis for campaign strategy, planning, and projections.
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with volunteer leaders. Recruit new volunteers and new volunteer leaders to support overall Leaders United.
· Report Leaders United and assigned affinity groups strategies to accomplish goals and objectives as appropriate – be accountable for meeting or exceeding goals and objectives.
· Work to develop volunteer impact projects with Leaders United ambassadors.
· Maintain accurate donor records for assigned affinity group members; identify prospects; communicate with members as needed.
· Organize and staff Leaders United and affinity group special recognition events annually or as deemed appropriate by management team.
· Organize and execute leadership giving fundraising and volunteer activities, Staff the Backpack, Books and Brews, School Makeover etc.
· Work with the leadership giving team to establish a comprehensive stewardship program including educational programs, recognition programs and communications.
· Oversee implementation of stewardship plans – interfacing closely with the broader UWCO family to align and address needs of the LG team; namely donor experience and engagement.
· Create budgets for special events and work within them, generate funding through sponsorships, deliver on terms of sponsorships, and invoice sponsors.
· Represent United Way of Central Ohio at relevant community events e.g., Philanthropitch, Innovation Catalyst, Columbus Young Professionals Week.
· Represent United Way of Central Ohio at community roundtables; Columbus Young Professionals, Stonewall LGBTQ+ Leadership Roundtable, Leadership Columbus Impact Projects.
· Work to create process and manage process for donor demographic collection and presentation and other DEI metrics as assigned.
· Actively pursue opportunities for professional development.
· Understand and effectively communicate the Community Impact message of United Way.
· Work effectively and cooperatively as a member of an aligned team, both within the resource development department and across the larger organization, and with particular emphasis on partnering with corporate campaign colleagues.
· Responsible for submitting thorough and accurate pledge processing documents and additional administrative details for portfolio.
· Required to follow all proper cash/check handling procedures and ensuring all envelopes are submitted to Finance for pledge processing in a timely manner.
Metrics of Success:
· Achieve overall goals.
· Secure and increase giving for key prospects.
· Number of quality relationship visits with stakeholders, committee members, and donors completed with relevant data documented; goal of 3-5 quality visits per week.
· Required use of CRM to research and maintain client activity and data; 100% of data entry standards met.
· Manage other affinity groups as assigned.
· Responsible for supporting the achievement of United Way’s mission and strategy goals.
· Responsible for leading and/or contributing to the achievement of United Way’s Racial Equity Plan.
· Responsible for supporting United Way’s culture of excellence through adherence to the Culture Pillars.
· A thorough knowledge of the skills in planning, organizing and directing volunteers to meet objectives and timelines is required.
· Fundraising or sales experience is desired.
· Strong sales, presentation and motivational skills are required to convey the United Way fundraising message.
· Knowledge of business community, volunteerism and management is required.
· Knowledge of methods and procedures and establishing account goals
· and objectives is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to inclusively present to diverse audiences.
· Experience incorporating the perspectives of diverse communities, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
· A willingness to learn or an understanding of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
· Comfortable with public speaking, the ability to present materials in a poised and confident manner, the effective utilization of social media, and the ability to articulate the meaning of data.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and work in partnership with diverse staff, loaned executives, donors, partners and vendors.
· Positive interpersonal/communications skills and ability to use sound judgment and be self-directed.
· Strong computer skills are required using Microsoft Office 365, familiar with word processing and spreadsheets.
· Strong time management and organizational abilities and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills internally and externally.
· Must contribute to the team spirit throughout the organization; treat people with dignity and respect.
· Outstanding listening skills and ability to interpret and present the United Way mission.
· Ability to independently problem solve.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers within and across departments and functions.
· Ability to creatively troubleshoot, thrive under pressure, and accept constructive criticism.
· Demonstrates a positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task, and switch tasks fluidly.
· Ability to consistently adhere to inter-departmental, volunteer and constituent service standards.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and support for United Way Mission, Vision, Pillars, Service Standards, Confidentiality Standards, and Policies and Procedures.
· Thorough appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to, diversity.
· Mission Focused: Start with the community in mind.
· Job Knowledge: Works to build a culture of excellence.
· Diversity and Inclusion: Walk in someone else’s shoes and have their back.
· Results Driven: Adopt a mindset of continual change and innovation.
· Relationship-Oriented: Reconcile differences to maintain harmony.
· Accountability: Holding ourselves and others accountable.
This position may be asked to take on supervisory responsibilities of interns or temporary staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and campaign supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexible daily hours may be available year-round. Daily work schedule and any flextime hours must be approved by the department head. This position frequently requires management of after-hours and weekend events.
Travel, which is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience:
Four years of fundraising/sales or related experience required, and/or equivalent college degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Race and Equity Statement
United Way of Central Ohio is committed to building and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply
· Job Posting Date: 6/10/2021
· Application Deadline: 6/24/2021
Please submit your resume & cover letter no later than the application deadline to the following URL address: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/
Please Note: Applicants will receive a message after successfully completing the online application process. If a message is not received, then the application was not successfully completed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com