CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) Refresher Course
CFRE Refresher Course
September 25-26, 2019
2-Day Comprehensive Course
(This program is only offered in Central Ohio every other year. Next offering will be in 2021.)
2019 Scholarship application and registrations deadlines extended.The AFP CFRE Refresher Course asks you to apply fundraising theory, skills, and techniques within the six knowledge domains of the field, based on experience at the 3 to 5-year level. This course will not be presented in a lecture format; it will be presented by fellow fundraisers that have obtained their CFRE’s.
Registration Fee: $390 for AFP Members $490 for Non-members
Fee includes all sessions, workbook, refreshments and lunch both days.
16 CFRE Credits applied for and pending
Registration Deadline is now Friday, September 13, 2019
or complete and return the hard-copy registration form below
Scholarships opportunities are available for AFP members.
Deadline for scholarship applications is now: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
For more information contact course co-chairs
- Apply fundraising skills and knowledge to real-life scenarios.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in terms of your understanding of the fundraising knowledge domains.
- Assess personal readiness to take the CFRE examination.
- Develop an effective personal study plan.
The AFP CFRE Refresher Course is not designed to be a preparatory course for the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Examination but instead is a review of the body of knowledge at the five year level which many individuals use in studying for the exam. There is no guarantee that any of the specific content covered in this course will appear as specific items on the CFRE examination. CFRE International does not sponsor or endorse any educational programs, and this course was not developed in conjunction with CFRE International.
AFP strongly suggests that participation in the AFP CFRE Refresher Course be just one element of one’s study plan to prepare for the CFRE Exam. Please visit the CFRE International website www.cfre.org for additional study materials. A complete overview of the development function for fundraising professionals who would like to improve their development skills, learn to raise money more efficiently or build upon their current development skills.For more information visit
AFP International Education Courses Chair
Position Title: AFP Education Courses Chair – (Fundamentals of Fundraising, CFRE Review Course, Fundraising Effectiveness Project)
Capacity: Board member
Reports to: VP of Education
● Organizes and chairs regularlyscheduled Committee meetings.
● Recruits and enlists volunteer committee members; monitors the work of volunteers to ensure timely completion of assignments.
● Serves on the board of the Central Ohio AFP Chapter.
● Works with Chapter leadership to determine need for AFP IHQ Course offereings each year.
● Coordinates planning and implementation of CFRE Review course and/or Fundamentals of Fundraising
● Establishes best practices criteria for and selects course instructors.
● Serves as liaison with IHQ to schedule, promote, market and oversee CFRE Review course as per best practices IHQ handbook.
● Determines the location and timing of the CFRE Review course in coordination with the chapter education calendar.
● Coordinates registration and prepayment for all course participants.
● Maintains student database and sends followup letters after course; sends electronic certificate spreadsheet to Chapter Administrator for records.
● Obtains necessary supplies (folders, course materials).
● Monitors the student’ attendance and course completion.
● Presents certificates to individuals who have completed the requirements.
● Compile class evaluations submitted by the students as per IHQ.
● Works with VP Communications and Marketing Chair to outline strategies for communicating course opportunity to members and nonmembers.
● With committee, personally promotes course opportunity through group and oneonone communications.
● Serves on or assigns committee member to serve on the CFRE Review Scholarship selection committee.
● Provides timely and uptodate content to Chapter Administrator for committee web page on chapter web site.
● Develops and submits a budget to the treasurer within designated deadlines; monitors committee income and expenditures.
● Works to successfully achieve goals outlined in Chapter Strategic Plan.
● Celebrates success; ensure that the celebration of success includes expressions of gratitude to volunteers.
● Adheres to policies and board member responsibilities adopted by the board.
● Upon leaving office, transfers all records in current condition to the successor.