NPD 2024 | Tuesday, November 26, 2024
Since 1992, members and the Board of the Central Ohio Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) have publicly recognized local philanthropic leaders and celebrated their impact in our community through National Philanthropy Day® (NPD).
This day of recognition of personal and corporate impact is the highlight of our chapter’s witness to the broader community. It celebrates the unique partnership of donor and fundraiser. The National Philanthropy Day® celebration has become the highly anticipated ‘event to attend’ in Columbus during November, the traditional month of giving thanks, and is one of the largest in the nation.
This year, as in years past, we look forward to having the distinct honor of paying tribute to those who change our community—and our world—through their philanthropy.
A special note about the Leave a Legacy award: This award is selected by the Charitable Gift Planners of Central Ohio and is presented at the National Philanthropy Day® celebration. The annual nominations process is conducted by CGPCO who can be contacted for details.
Help us celebrate giving by submitting a nomination for National Philanthropy Day 2024! ®
The Central Ohio AFP team is already hard at work planning National Philanthropy Day this year, and we need your help to make the event a success! At this event, we honor local philanthropic and community leaders who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to our community. By nominating your donors, volunteers, and community partners, you can show your appreciation and steward them in a unique and meaningful way.
Help us tell the story of philanthropy in Central Ohio by nominating the amazing people and organizations in your circle. Planning to nominate for this year’s National Philanthropy Day? Make sure to email [email protected] to let us know who you’re thinking of nominating before submitting!
The 2024 Award categories are:
- Outstanding Foundation
- Outstanding Large Corporation
- Outstanding Small Corporation
- The Columbus Foundation Outstanding Philanthropist
- Outstanding Professional Fundraiser
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group
- Big Lots! Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
- Leave a Legacy selected/coordinated by the Charitable Gift Planners of Central Ohio
If you have questions about eligibility, criteria, or the process. We are here to assist you! You can email the nominations committee here.
The 2023 National Philanthropy Day Honorees
- Charitable Gift Planners of Central Ohio (CGPCO) the Leave a Legacy:
- The Columbus Foundation Outstanding Philanthropist:
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser:
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group:
- Outstanding Small Corporation:
- Outstanding Large Corporation:
- Big Lots! Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy:
- Outstanding Professional Fundraiser:
- Shirley Brooks-Jones
- Kara Trott
- Tom Feeney
- Kitchen Kapers
- The Pizzuti Companies
- Nationwide Foundation
- Alea Ramsey
- Kerri L. Mollard