Position Title: Special Events Coordinator
Source of Supervision: Manager of Development
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Function: Manages the Organization’s special events and corporate sponsorship activities in accordance with policies and objectives as developed by the Board of Directors. Oversees and directs all Center special events activities including volunteer coordination. Develops business partnerships, relationships, and sponsorships. This is an externally focused position.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
Oversees CSH’s special events, fundraising, corporate giving, and volunteer programs:
- Under direction of Development Manager, plan, develop, and oversee event goals and budgets to increase fundraising and awareness of the organization’s mission, programs, and services.
- Create corporate sponsorship proposals for submission to both potential and existing corporate partners.
- Collaborate with the Development Manager and Communications Coordinator to develop communication plans in support of events.
- Ensure goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of event volunteers.
- Engage, recruit, train and manage relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful events execution.
- Engage the community to drive increased event participation; including event committee, teams, team members, sponsors, caregiver engagement, and youth engagement.
- Manage post-event follow-up, including reconciled budgets, impact reports and communications and evaluation process.
- Collaborate with Development Manager on design and implementation of a moves management strategy to convert corporate volunteers and event participants to donors or corporate champions within their companies.
- Lead relationship-building efforts with key decision makers in the social responsibility, philanthropy, or public relations division of prospective and current corporate funders.
- Serve as primary point of contact for volunteers.
- Identify and steward top volunteers for event committees.
- Collaborate with the relevant mission delivery departments and Development Manager steward and cultivate prospective individual and corporate donors.
- Aid in acquisition and stewardship of donors as needed. Includes pre- and post-event communications and stewardship, committee acknowledgement and management, and sponsor/in-kind donor recognition and stewardship.
Reviews and researches trade literature, journals, magazines, webinars, videos and attends conferences and seminars within budget in order to develop new ideas, processes, practices, etc. that would increase and enhance CSH’s fundraising activities.
Is available beyond the regular office hours of the Organization as may be required for special projects and community involvement.
Other duties as assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or its equivalent in experience is required.
· 3 years fundraising, marketing, business development, and/or public relations experience is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising, event planning or similar is required.
· An ability to effectively make recommendations and communicate with all levels of employees is required, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com