Website Columbus Symphony Orchestra
The full-time Director of Development for the Columbus Symphony (CSO) is responsible for expanding development efforts to ensure the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and closure of gifts to ensure the successful completion of a $5M+ annual campaign. As a key member of the development team, the Director of Development will implement strategies to build relationships to create a robust financial future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement, develops and implements annual fund plan to renew, identify, cultivate, and secure funding, which may include individuals, corporate, government, and foundation partners.
- Executes fundraising plan for the annual Gala and Benefit Concert.
- Fulfills the coordination and fulfillment of corporate giving/sponsorship program benefits.
- Organizes and implements appropriate stewardship activities to further enhance the relationship between donors and the Columbus Symphony, including but not limited to the annual report, donor holiday cards and virtual telegrams, major donor gifts, and special stewardship projects.
- Leads communications as writer and editor for development related materials, including but not limited to solicitations and appeals, acknowledgement letters, stewardship communications, and event invitations.
- Manages special events for development, including the conductor’s circle, legacy society, donor rehearsals, and other events that enhance fundraising efforts.
- Collaborates with the volunteer auxiliary groups as it relates to fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of comprehensive campaign management.
- Must demonstrate strong written and interpersonal skills (including tact, diplomacy, and discretion).
- Must be comfortable meeting stakeholders and representing the Columbus Symphony.
- Proven ability to follow through and thrive in a fast-paced organization and possess the ability to work effectively under pressure and harmoniously with other staff.
- Knowledge of CRM software.
- Ability to consistently support the Columbus Symphony’s values.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Fundraising experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the organization.
- The selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning this position, or agree to become vaccinated within 4 weeks of their start date. In compliance with federal law, the CSO will review and make reasonable accommodations for employees who qualify for medical and/or religious exemptions unless the accommodation would constitute a direct threat or undue hardship.
CSO’S EEO STATEMENT:
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra (CSO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CSO does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit capa.clearcompany.com.