Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is a national nonprofit public charity dedicated exclusively to finding permanent homes for the more than 150,000 children waiting in North America’s foster care systems. Created by Wendy’s® founder Dave Thomas, who was adopted, the Foundation implements evidence-based, results-driven national service programs, foster care adoption awareness campaigns and innovative grantmaking. The Foundation has an opening for a full-time Manager of Partnership Communications.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Senior Manager of Content Marketing, the Manager of Partnership Communications will develop an integrated strategy to communicate with target audiences to increase awareness of and financial support for the Foundation’s mission. The manager will be a strong writer who develops clear and compelling content to be shared across various channels.
1. Develop a multi-channel communications strategy for educating and engaging with the Foundation’s cause marketing and fundraising partnerships with The Wendy’s Company, suppliers and other organizations across the United States and Canada. Implement tactics in collaboration with the Foundation’s marketing and communications, partnerships and events teams, including:
• Article writing support and identification of video stories to feature in Wendy’s® U.S. and Canadian internal and external communications channels, publications and social media.
• Presentation, scriptwriting and material development support for Wendy’s-related in-person and virtual fundraising events.
• Print, digital and video material development to support Wendy’s in-restaurant fundraising campaigns.
• Material development support for stewardship efforts with third-party organizations that raise awareness and financial support for the Foundation.
• Support for national and local public relations efforts in partnership with third-party organizations and the Foundation’s media relations lead.
• Communications support for third-party national and local fundraising events, including creating copy and visuals for social media and fundraising platforms, print and digital promotional materials and stewardship engagement with partners and event attendees, as appropriate.
2. Collaborate with graphic design and the partnerships and events teams to manage audience segmentation and distribution of engagement and fundraising emails and communications.
3. Write, edit and proofread communications materials in alignment with the Foundation’s brand standards and AP style.
4. Assume responsibility for professional growth, keeping current with cause marketing partnerships, fundraising, stewardship and event communications trends. Perform other duties, as requested.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to serve in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Knowledge of effective fundraising, stewardship for partnerships and event marketing strategies to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
• Experience using tools designed for nonprofit organizations, such as Blackbaud’s Luminate Online email marketing platform, GoFundMe Charity™ and GiveSmart, a plus. Ability and willingness to learn new systems quickly.
• Superior oral and written communication and editing skills. Knowledge and use of AP style.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, on time and on budget.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrates integrity, credibility and a steadfast commitment to the organization’s mission.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate degree; emphasis on communications, marketing or a related field preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in multi-channel communications development for partnerships, event marketing and/or fundraising.
• Communications agency, cause marketing and nonprofit experience are a plus.
• Limited travel required (less than 10%).
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.