Website Delaware County Foundation
Reports To: Foundation President
Classification: Exempt/Salaried position
(M-F, 40 hours per week. Occasional nights and weekends may be required to support meetings and special events.)
Location: Lewis Center, Ohio
About Us: The Delaware County Foundation works closely with donors, local leaders, and hundreds of nonprofit partners to improve the quality of life in Delaware County.
Position Summary: The Development Director works closely with the President and is responsible for leading and executing the development strategy for the Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
FUND & ASSET DEVELOPMENT
• Creates and implements a multi-year strategic development plan that engages and involves the Foundation board, volunteers, and staff in gift planning, cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship
• Research and manage a portfolio of institutional and individual donors and prospects.
• Oversees and develops written cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans, utilizing a moves management approach to engage prospects and donors
• Prepares case statements, proposals, and printed materials in support of fundraising and marketing efforts. Develops stewardship and impact reports for Foundation fundholders and donors
• Directs the Foundations’ signature gala event, an Evening of Generosity
Competencies and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credential desirable.
• A minimum of 6 – 8 years of related work experience is required, including 3 – 5 years of direct fundraising experience.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
• Extensive knowledge and experience with fundraising and marketing campaign planning and implementation
• Demonstrated ability to inspire donors and achieve fundraising goals; a proven record of closing gifts of $100,000+
• Ability to create powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising, as well as an ability to convey complex ideas via presentations, e-mails, and face-to-face communications
• Experience developing and sustaining productive relationships with community leaders
• Experience recruiting and managing volunteer boards and working with volunteers to fundraise successfully
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality
• High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
Salary and Benefits (Range $70,000-$80,000)
Compensation commensurate with salary standards and work experience. Benefits include two weeks of vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, and a retirement match.
How to Apply: No calls, please. Apply online at www.delawarecf.org/employment (Resume and Cover letter required)
The Delaware County Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org