Alleviating global poverty through life-sustaining technology
The vision of Design Outreach (DO) is to see marginalized and low-income communities transformed physically, economically, and spiritually. The mission is to alleviate global poverty through life-sustaining technology.
The Stewardship Specialist (SS) reports to the Chief Stewardship Officer (CSO) and helps to support all advancement activities.
• Collaborate with the CSO to implement the strategy for individual gift relationship management (track, manage, nurture, upgrade) to meet short and long-term fundraising goals of the organization.
• Develop long-term relationships to build on a firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions, and values as they relate to the mission of the organization.
• Engage, cultivate, and deepen a constituent’s relationship with DO to support the overall goals of the Advancement Office and CSO.
• Identify and reconnect unengaged constituent groups.
• Serve as liaison to DO by Identifying, engaging, and re-engaging constituents in central Ohio.
• Direct stewardship activities to assist with fundraising in central Ohio. The SS works closely with the CSO in all communication endeavors.
Key Responsibilities Details:
• Create, integrate, and implement short, intermediate, and long-term individual gifts from constituents.
• Utilize constituent relationship management system and fundraising software.
• Manage relationships with annual donors including prospect solicitation, briefings with primary solicitors, and follow-up.
• Cultivate and expand strategy giving by planned gift prospects and integrate planned gift objectives into donor requests in collaboration with the CSO.
• With the CSO and marketing team, develop briefing memos, proposals, and stewardship materials for the organization.
• Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual organizational activity and reporting to achieve fundraising revenue goals.
• Assist with review and verification of annual and major donor recognition lists.
• Track and report relationship management activity by using constituent relationship database including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
• Understands and supports the mission of a Christ-centered organization dedicated to sharing the Gospel by word and deed.
• Passion and agreement with Design Outreach’s vision and motivation, as outlined in the case for support and employee handbook.
• Kingdom and abundance-minded when working with ministry partners.
• Can work effectively with donors, volunteers, and allied organizations, many of whom may be motivated by a deep commitment to serving Jesus Christ.
• Core understanding of best practices and ability to learn quickly, including being able to implement development plans, and meet quarterly and annual goals.
• Provide attention to detail and strong project management skills.
• Outstanding communication (writing, oral, presentation) and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
• Ability to commit to 20 hours per week.
• Must live in Ohio with the ability to meet with donors and/or prospects.
• 1+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
• BS/BA in business administration, marketing, communications, or equivalent field; MS/MA a plus
· Position start date is negotiable, and interviews will be ongoing until the position is filled.
· Please send cover letter/resume to Rhonda Davis-Comoretto at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit doutreach.org.