Website Mount Aloysius College
Major Gifts Officer
Mount Aloysius College (mtaloy.edu), seeks nominations and applications for the position of Major Gifts Officer (MGO). Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Major Gifts Officer will develop long-term philanthropic relationships with an assigned group of donors and prospects (using the Moves Management system), with the ultimate goal being to solicit these individuals for a major gift to the College. The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for identification of potential donors and the development of prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
The MGO will prepare thorough, accurate, and concisely written research reports, which may include biographical and financial information, potential for philanthropic support, areas of interest, affiliations of individuals, and research on corporations and foundations. They will also identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 100-125 prospects with capacity to make a 4-7 figure gifts, thus helping meet annual fundraising goals and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties/responsibilities are specific to the role of Major Gift Officer:
· Broad knowledge of principles and practices of institutional advancement and major gift fundraising.
· Ability to:
o work effectively with the campus community and external customers.
o work independently and as a member of a team.
o provide leadership in gift solicitation.
o recruit, motivate and encourage volunteers.
o listen effectively to discern donors’ interests and concerns.
o expand and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders in the philanthropic community, donors, and peers.
· Able to represent the College to key prospects and at key events in defined geographic areas.
· Pursues appropriate professional development opportunities so as to raise the awareness of and enhance the image of the Institutional Advancement Office.
· Provides verbal and written reports on work-related activities as required.
· Works as an active and integral member of the Institutional Advancement Team by sharing information and assisting team members as needed to advance the objectives of the Department.
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred), from an accredited college or university.
· Demonstrated track record in securing and managing 4-6 figure gifts.
· Five to seven years of fundraising experience with major gifts, preferably in higher education.
· Thorough background in fundraising best practices and experience in Raisers Edge database management for donor and solicitation records, is a plus.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES RELATED TO THE COLLEGE:
The following duties and responsibilities are required of all members of the Mount Aloysius College community:
· Preserves honesty and integrity in the professional affairs of the College; adheres to high standards of ethical practices and conduct.
· Complies with College and department policies and procedures and applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
· Keeps sensitive College information confidential.
· Communicates and cooperates in an appropriate and professional manner with supervisors and others inside and outside the College.
· Attends assigned and/or scheduled educational and training programs, applicable meetings, and College functions, and shares newly acquired information with fellow employees.
· Performs assignments in accordance with College’s safety and health programs, reports safety/health hazards or violations of safety/health policies to assigned supervisor.
· Uses, maintains, and safeguards equipment, supplies, financial resources in an appropriate manner and in the best interest of the College.
· Performs other similar and related duties as necessary and/or as assigned.
Mount Aloysius College, located in historic and scenic Cresson, Pennsylvania, is a private, comprehensive, coeducational institution that combines a strong foundation in liberal arts, small class sizes and significant opportunities for personal and professional growth. The College values diversity among students, faculty and staff at all levels of instructional support as well as continuous performance improvement, and a faculty/staff committed to living the mission and values of Mercy, Justice, Hospitality and Service.
Mount Aloysius College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Application materials should be submitted to [email protected] Applications include a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for five professional references. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Mount Aloysius College is an equal opportunity employer, and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
For more information:
Cheryl Hyatt – 724-242-0476
To apply for this job email your details to mtaloy@Hyatt-Fennell.com