Website National Church Residences
According to prescribed policies and procedures and under the general supervision of the Senior Director, Donor Relations and Grants Management assumes responsibility for a full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government sources as well as overseeing the submission of required reporting. Additional duties include the oversight of annual state charitable organization registrations for the Foundation (which is completed by an outside third party).
· Writes grant proposals in accordance with funder standards and requirements.
· Performs prospect research on foundations, corporations, and government sources to evaluate grant opportunities.
· Works with appropriate departments and program staff to gather information necessary to develop proposals, and to report to funders on current grant programs.
· Oversees and complies with all grant reporting as required by funder.
· Establishes awareness of potentially fundable programs and match with potential funders.
· Provides stewardship to current funders, including working with Foundation staff to provide regular written updates to donors.
· Understands institutional vision, goals, messaging, history and programs.
· Maintains accurate records in databases for funder and Foundation Dept. reporting.
· Assists with other fundraising projects as requested.
· Oversees the use of grant funds by communicating regularly with program staff to ensure grant funds are being spent according to the application narrative and outcomes are being accurately tracked for reporting.
· Creates content for social media recognition of funders.
· (Managers Only) Responsible for the day to day operations of the assigned departments within constraints of prescribed budgetary guidelines to include accurate and timely payroll submission, HR, A/P, A/R, and billing procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Thorough understanding of grant proposal process and strategy and strong grant proposal writing skills. Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong editing skills.
· Multi-task oriented in order to meet deadlines and track multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent at problem solving and critical thinking.
· Experience with developing program budgets a plus.
· Acute attention to detail and has excellent time management/project management abilities.
· Ability to work productively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
· Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
· Familiarity with research methods for fundraising prospect research.
· Strong contributor in team environments.
· Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem-solving methods.
· Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences’ Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
· With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
· Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET – Grant Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college/university
Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience with grant writing and not-for-profit organizations
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing R = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: S = 10-25 lbs.
S = Standing R = Pushing R = 26-50 lbs.
F = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs.
S = Walking S = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Good office environment. Option to work remotely.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Interested Candidates please visit – https://nationalchurchresidences.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Columbus-Ohio/Grants-Manager_20210428-846
To apply for this job please visit nationalchurchresidences.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.