Website Ohio Christian University
- This person will handle a portfolio of donors, primarily mid-major, and will engage them by phone, email, Webex, mail, text, and face-to-face meetings.
- Engage donors both on-campus and off-campus while building authentic relationships and creating a culture of philanthropy.
- Document all donor activity into donor database in a timely manner.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
The successful candidate will be a proven development officer who believes in the mission of Ohio Christian University, is results- and people-oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic with superb attention to detail. The candidate will also have proven communication skills with an ability to write and speak persuasively about the role of educational philanthropy. Some night and weekend work and travel are required.
• Associate Degree
• 5 years of experience in customer service or sales; minimum 2-3 years of fundraising experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience working in databases.
• Proven and demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts.
• Exceptional people skills
• Ability to clearly and confidentially communicate with Ohio Christian University employees, donors, students, and other stakeholders when needed.
• Team-player with strong dedication to the purpose and mission of the University, combined with the confidence that comes from experience and achievement.
• Empathetic listener with corresponding excellence in verbal and written communications.
• Personal value system that encompasses a solid work ethic, personal integrity, conscientiousness and strong moral character.
• Quick-learner, self-starter, and self-motivated.
Limitations and Disclaimer
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit ohiochristian.peopleadmin.com.