Website Ohio Wesleyan University
The University’s Division of Advancement invites applications for an Associate Director of Alumni and Volunteer Engagement. The Associate Director will develop a comprehensive and strategic approach to identify, cultivate, recruit, and steward our alumni as partners, advocates, and supporters.
This position requires a strong commitment to relationship cultivation, volunteer management and motivation, and the ability to analyze and use data to inform strategies and present opportunities that will support University goals and financial priorities while meeting the needs of alumni volunteers. The position reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement and offers a flexible work environment, with hybrid/remote consideration.
Alumni Engagement & Program Development
- Manages a portfolio of targeted alumni with the purpose of identifying opportunities for increased engagement, volunteerism, and support of Ohio Wesleyan.
- Creates a plan for engagement and participation of alumni in targeted regions that have high density of alumni, targeted career industries, and/or affinity groups with specific goals for support of career programming, admission initiatives, social events, and giving.
- Partners with the Director of Career Development to manage the OWU Alumni Partner program and other alumni career programming that creates opportunities for alumni to make connections with each other and with students.
- Develops a comprehensive plan in partnership with other campus partners, to increase outreach and connection of international/global alumni with Ohio Wesleyan, each other, and current students.
Volunteer Stewardship & Management
- Responsible for cultivating, training, and retaining a network of volunteers for various positions and leadership committees, as well as developing effective collateral materials to foster increased volunteer interaction and participation.
- Executes a volunteer stewardship and gratitude program that supports appreciation and value of service and ensures volunteer opportunities are relevant to their interests and rewarding for their engagement.
- Develops intentional engagement plans for key volunteers/groups. Works with Advancement division colleagues to ensure volunteers are being managed strategically.
Data Analytics and Strategy
- Collects and analyzes engagement data to uncover potential future volunteers, inform strategies and initiatives for alumni engagement and assess effectiveness of programming.
- Ensures effective and accurate tracking of volunteer records.
- Serves as team lead with data integration with third party systems that supports and facilitates alumni engagement work.
- Manages current engagement reports and develops future reports that track department’s efforts to ensure there is a return on engagement of programs and initiatives.
Secondary Functions (Other Duties):
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge preferred and/or experience working directly with other CRM or fundraising software. Experience with running queries and reports using team’s advancement software system.
- Helps maintain department’s volunteer management system and explore new and innovative ways to track volunteer engagement.
- Assists in the planning and execution of events, recognition and award celebrations
- Manages Alumni Engagement committee of the Alumni Board of Directors
- Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with University partners for whom alumni volunteers will be an important resource.
- Maintains open communications with a wide range of constituencies.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four (4) – six (6) years of experience in volunteer management, alumni engagement, fundraising and/or development.
- Track record in developing and delivering successful programming that contributed to the achievement of set goals and mission of the organization.
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and foster relationships internally and externally.
- A proven ability to generate innovative solutions to challenging issues with a can-do attitude and a results-driven approach.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org