Website Ohio Wesleyan University
Ohio Wesleyan University is selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and located just 20 miles north of Columbus, is seeking candidates for the position of Major Gifts Officer. This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
You are comfortable building relationships that result in generous philanthropic investments in Ohio Wesleyan’s mission. You are an excellent communicator and have strong relationship management skills. You are looking for a culture that is collaborative, results oriented that provides flexibility and remote employment opportunities. You might be a fundraiser working as an annual giving officer, a leadership giving officer or a major gifts officer. Or, you might be a driven sales professional looking for a career change, managing relationships with key clients. Regardless of your professional background, you are passionate about higher education and in particular, the role the liberal arts play in educating the next generation of global leaders.
Ohio Wesleyan University is selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University recently completed the Connect Today, Create Tomorrow campaign, raising over $238 million for priorities including: investing in the faculty, student scholarships and financial aid, the OWU Connection, capital improvements and annual giving. The Major Gifts team plays a crucial role in stewarding existing major donors and securing funding for OWU’s strategic priorities, qualifying future prospects for major philanthropy and helping to build the pipeline of philanthropic support for Ohio Wesleyan’s next campaign.
- Manage and build a portfolio of prospects capable of making major gifts ($100,000+) to Ohio Wesleyan
- Move the prospects through the donor engagement process
- Prepare and present major gifts proposals to alumni, parents, and friends
- Work closely with colleagues across the campus to set donor strategy with a focus on soliciting and closing major gifts of $100,000 and above
- Develop and grow relationships with major gift prospects through phone, email, video call and face-to-face meetings. Extensive travel (up to 50%) is required to visit prospects in the NYC and Florida markets
- Collaborate with colleagues on key reunion classes, special projects, and the Ohio Wesleyan Fund
- Attend meetings, trainings and events on campus as needed
- Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Major Gifts
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of three years of development/fundraising/sales experience, preferably in the field of higher education.
Successful experience with personal solicitation of donors and a strong track record of closing major gifts is ideal. Other qualifications include: the ability for significant travel and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, strong computer skills, attention to detail, ability to take initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a valid driver’s license.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Ohio Wesleyan University offers a rewarding place to work! To discover why this should be your next work home, visit our website. Learn more about our benefits at Discover our Benefits. As an equal opportunity institution, OWU has a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We do not discriminate on any basis including: race, religion, color, culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally protected factor.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.