Website Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
The PPGOH Development team is a quickly growing and innovative team, and we are looking for a Senior Director of Donor Engagement who is a highly creative, strategic, organized, and self-directed leader who is responsible for creating and implementing key strategies and initiatives for individual giving, donor engagement, recognition, and stewardship for both individual and institutional donor portfolios.
This individual must thrive in a fast-pace setting and passionately seek out new opportunities. They will work independently to lead the Donor Engagement team, other PPGOH staff, and volunteers in planning, coordinating, and executing donor engagement activities. The Senior Director of Donor Engagement will work closely with the Chief External Affairs Officer on creating the strategic direction and focus for the donor engagement team. They will also collaborate with other senior directors in the Development department to ensure excellent and seamless coordination of the donor engagement efforts for the organization
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and lead the strategic vision of all donor engagement work including overall individual giving, annual fundraising campaigns, donor events, and other activities that build and deepen relationships with supporters, boost the Planned Parenthood brand, and contribute to the overall fundraising success of PPGOH
- Directly supervise a donor engagement team, including the individual giving manager and donor engagement manager, setting and measuring challenging objectives, providing feedback, and mentoring team members to deliver their best performance
- Serves as a member of the Development Leadership Team (DLT), shaping overall departmental vision and strategy
- Serve as a primary liaison with community and corporate partners, establishing strong relationships to build creative partnerships and sponsorships to increase our local brand awareness, expand our donor base, and raise more funds
- Lead in the building of organization-wide fundraising campaigns including identifying prospects, building cases for support and giving level recognition, liaising with a steering committee, collaborating cross-departments, and building and hitting campaign goals
- Build and track individual giving and donor engagement goals and hold team responsible for these goals, pivoting when necessary, and fully build and own the donor engagement budget
- Work with the Development Operations team to collaborate on management of database for all individual giving and donor engagement tracking and analysis
- Liaise with the marketing and development team in building an events strategy that maximizes fundraising potential and expands our donor base including virtual and (eventually) in-person galas, 5Ks, town halls, leadership giving events, and other creative virtual and in-person events
- Serve as the primary liaison for leadership and host committees for special events and campaigns
- Work with development team to identify and cultivate top prospects for events and support in building a donor journey for these prospects
- Lead in the building of cultivation and stewardship plans for all donors portfolios, including building the strategy and framework for the Circle of Choice leadership giving program, with the aim to consistently acquire new donors and upgrade existing donors
- Develop affinity programs and community partnerships that build performance-based relationships with donors who share similar interests and commitment to contribute to the financial growth of the organization
- Work to develop a formalized program of PPGOH volunteers for development-related and other mission-driven volunteer activities
- Assist in maintaining a strong team spirit within the department
- Responsible for directing a team managing donor engagement and annual giving.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from accredited college or university; Master’s degree and CFRE certification preferred
- At least eight years of fundraising, events management, community engagement or other-related experience and at least three years of management/supervisor duties
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building, and external relationship building skills
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to prioritize and lead with minimal supervision
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Ambitious goal setter with the ability to give evidence-based feedback to help others excel
- Informed decision maker who can be flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to consider options, build and manage plans appropriately; while holding self and team accountable for achieving goals
*Position is remote but open to residents of Ohio only. Must reside in Ohio as of start date*
As a socially responsible health care employer and provider, we require our associates to show proof of annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN?
We protect, promote, and provide empowered health care for people throughout Ohio.
We respect and honor all people
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for patients and staff
We provide health care – without judgment
We maintain responsible business practices
We regularly demonstrate our shared organizational workplace values and standards in order to educate and care for the communities that we serve
Paid Time Off
Paid Parental Leave
Medical 90% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage
Vision 100% employer paid
Life Insurance 100% employer paid
Accidental Death & Disability 100% employer paid
Long Term/Short Term Disability 100% employer paid
401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer match after 1 year
Nine (9) paid holidays per year
PROMISE TO OUR ASSOCIATES
Planned Parenthood has served Ohioans with safe, accessible, and affordable health care for 100 years and welcomed more than 100,000 patient visits to our health centers in 2020. Every day, we fight to provide this care to everyone, no matter their income level, insurance status, zip code, color, creed, or country of origin.
As a mission-driven health care provider, Planned Parenthood is dedicated to ending health disparities and achieving health equity among all races. We work on all levels through our health centers, educational programming, and public policy to make the greatest impact on the communities we serve.
In order to become the leading organization for high quality reproductive health care, we continuously strive to create a supportive work environment that results in a positive experience for patients and associates alike. We find this support in our In This Together workplace values and service standards that bring associates together and foster an inclusive culture.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (PPGOH) is an equal opportunity employer. We care for our business by ensuring that all of our decisions regarding the employment relationship, including the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are in accordance with our principles of equal opportunity.
As a matter of PPGOH policy we affirm that we respect and honor all people and we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
In addition to the above commitments, PPGOH seeks to have employees that reflect the broad diversity of those that we serve and we encourage all who are ready to be In This Together to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.