Website Seeds of Caring
Position: Development Manager
Schedule: 35-40 hrs per week
Reports to: Executive Director
At Seeds of Caring, we believe in the power of kindness and the capacity for kids to change our world. We empower children ages 2 to 12 – our future leaders – to work for the change they want to see by engaging them in service, social action, and community-building. Our various in-person and anywhere volunteer programs enable families, schools, and other groups to nurture a commitment to kindness, build bridges across our community, and collectively work toward a brighter, better tomorrow.
Seeds of Caring seeks an innovative and dedicated Development Manager to join our team and help advance our mission during an exciting period of growth. As the Development Manager, you will work closely with the Executive Director to implement an annual strategic development plan, growing revenue and impact for Seeds of Caring.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to implement an annual strategic development plan to achieve fundraising goals, thereby expanding Seeds of Caring’s mission and impact.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, implement strategies to cultivate and deepen relationships with individual, corporate, foundation, and major donors – Identify, cultivate, solicit, acknowledge, and steward gifts.
- Manage prospective and active donor portfolios, utilizing moves management to advance donor relationships.
- Engage active and prospective corporate donors through informational meetings, lunch-and-learns, and private events.
- Oversee, plan, and execute fundraising campaigns/appeals, including Giving Tuesday, year-end campaigns, and Seeds of Caring’s signature Kindness Coalition peer-to-peer fundraising effort.
- Manage Seeds of Caring’s donor database, including donor record maintenance, gift processing, and metric tracking
- Work closely with the Board of Directors Development Committee to mobilize volunteers and identify meaningful ways for Board members to participate in revenue-generating activities.
- Draft gift proposals, fundraising-oriented promotional collateral, fundraising reports, and other materials as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Seeds of Caring program staff to deliver exceptional service events to funding partners.
- Maintain strong messaging throughout donor communications, including acknowledgment letters, campaign communications, annual reports, and more.
- Research and write select grant applications. Prepare select grant reports.
- Other duties as requested
You should have a passion for working to help create a kinder community, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment. Qualifications and competencies we are looking for include:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years experience in development or related field (professional non-profit fundraising/development experience preferred)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Adept at building new community connections and nurturing relationships
- Highly organized with excellent project and time-management skills
- Proficient technology skills, including experience with donor database software, email tools such as Mailchimp, and Microsoft Office
- Committed to the mission of Seeds of Caring and creating a kinder, more connected community – led by our youngest generation
- Willingness and desire to be a team player within a collaborative work culture
Why Seeds of Caring:
Our energetic, dedicated team is determined to transform our community and we are looking for more teammates to help us achieve this! With a deep-held commitment to the Seeds of Caring mission, we embody these core values, and it is important that new team members do too:
- Make the biggest difference. Every day. We are detailed, accountable, and possess a “can do” attitude, striving to continually increase our impact.
- Stronger Together. We practice every voice belonging at the table- from participants to community partners to donors. We believe that together we make the difference, and achieve this through shared goals and mutual support.
- Embrace gratitude. To keep us grounded, we pause to reflect, show appreciation for others, honor our shared humanity, and keep kindness at our center.
- Always ask. Always grow. We embrace innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement, seeing every challenge as an opportunity.
- Lead with integrity. We operate ethically, openly, and thoughtfully in all that we do.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Pay is commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible work hours
- There are no other benefits provided
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume by Friday, April 16 to [email protected]
Candidates should not see themselves as confined by this job description. If you have the skills and drive to be successful in this role and care deeply about building a kinder, more connected community led by our youngest generation, then let’s talk! We look forward to learning more about you.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.