SocialVentures seeks a seasoned, mission-driven Executive Director to help lead the organization and its partners to even higher levels of impact in transforming lives and making a positive difference in our community. Widely respected, SocialVentures is the organizational backbone that supports, advocates for, and helps advance the 100+ enterprises across Central Ohio who intentionally integrate social impact as a non-negotiable component of their business models.
Our new leader will wear many hats—visionary strategist, chief evangelist, super-connector, thought-partner, ecosystem-builder, capital-raiser, and more—while collaborating with leading business, philanthropic, and community leaders to accelerate the growth and impact of social enterprises.
The Executive Director will lead all strategic aspects of the organization. The candidate will be responsible for creating a vision for success and executing strategic initiatives to achieve that vision. For SocialVentures to thrive, the Executive Director must be a prudent manager, an inspiring leader, and a charismatic advocate for social enterprise. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset capable of taking decisive actions to enhance SocialVentures’ long-term viability in meeting its mission to enhance the social enterprise ecosystem in Central Ohio. The Executive Director must approach all aspects of his/her work through a race/equity lens and demonstrate daily a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume by March 31, 2021 to Cindy Ruckman at [email protected]
Professional Qualifications Salary Range: $79,200 – $89,200
• A bachelor’s degree in a related management field or comparable experience.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, financial statement preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership.
• High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s mission and strategic future to staff, board, clients, donors, investors, and the social enterprise community.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
• Active fundraising experience (preference for fundraising experience in the Central Ohio area). Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community (private, corporate, and government).
• Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organization of influence across the public/private sector.
• Experience in launching or operating a successful social enterprise.
• Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
• Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong public speaking ability.
1) Board Governance: Works with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission.
• Leads SocialVentures in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
• Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Responsible for the fiscal integrity of SocialVentures. Develops and manages resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization and maintain a positive financial position.
• Manages financial resources, both contributed and earned, generally within the approved budget while ensuring maximum resource utilization.
• Leads annual budgeting process for board approval.
• Works with accounting professionals to ensure all financial statements are prepared and presented to the board; and other required reporting is completed and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
• Raises contributed revenues sufficient to meet operating needs of the organization.
o Direct solicitation of donations from individuals and businesses
o Direct solicitation of sponsorships from individuals and businesses
o Grant applications to foundations, philanthropies, government agencies, etc.
• Manages grants and completes reports per grant requirements.
• Maintains positive relationships and stellar reputation with funders, grantors, and donors, especially the Leadership Circle, which comprises individuals and families who give $5,000+.
• Administers and manages all aspects of the Social Ventures Fund within the guidelines of the organizing documents and under the direction and oversight of the investment committee.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs & services, strategic planning, and community outreach.
• Ensures SocialVentures successfully fulfills its mission by leading a strategic planning process at least every three years; refers to the current plan regularly and updates it to reflect current circumstances.
• Increases outreach to the minority community and those who represent diverse backgrounds to encourage and help them to develop social enterprises.
• Maintains the profile and enhances the image of the organization in the community by working collaboratively with professional, civic and private organizations.
• Advocates for social enterprise; and educates the community about the four-legged stool of creating impact through purchasing from, investing in, advising/coaching for, and donating to social enterprises.
• Uplifts the social enterprise ecosystem by advocating, educating, building community, making connections, convening, and celebrating successes of all types of social entrepreneurs.
4) Operations, Public Relations and Reporting: Ensures that overall operations, marketing and compliance are consistent with the brand and mission of SocialVentures.
• Reports to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in organizational vision, policy decisions, fundraising and operational management.
• Leads and coordinates organization staff.
• Conducts strategic planning and implementation.
• Gives public presentations to boards, civic groups, and higher education classes.
• Enhances overall visibility by serving as SocialVentures’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations; utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance SocialVentures’ Mission.
• Leads fundraising for grants, individual and Leadership Circle gifts, and company event sponsorships as well as developing earned revenues.
• Oversees marketing and other communications efforts.
• Oversees organization Board and committee meetings.
• And, of course, other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com