Website The Columbus School for Girls
Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement
Columbus School for Girls (CSG) is an independent day school in Columbus, Ohio, founded in 1898, serving diverse students in grades pre-k through grade 12. CSG empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. As a leader in the education of girls and young women, it is a vibrant community of more than 540 students, 135 faculty and staff, and 2,500 active alumnae. CSG’s 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with artistic, civic, and shopping experiences. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School’s direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well prepared for life beyond CSG.
Columbus School for Girls seeks to hire a second Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement. CSG offers a competitive salary, benefits, and professional opportunities and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious, and gender diversity of the school community.
The Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for managing CSG’s engagement of key constituencies. Responsible for initiating and building the preliminary relationships with constituents, they will develop the strategy and implement the plan that will provide a thoughtful, personal and consistent, early relationship. This position establishes the foundation for donor relations with CSG and will set annual development goals on community relations, donor engagement and recruitment initiatives. They will leverage existing resources within CSG and the Development Office to “open the door” to a new relationship with CSG. This could include career or affinity groups for current students and alumnae, mix and mingle events for new and current parents, nationwide alumnae networking events, and campus-based community focused events. The Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement will work closely with the other Assistant Director of Development, Constituency Engagement and Chief Development Officer to ensure constituent engagement supports annual fundraising strategies for an overall strategic approach to expanding and deepening relationships with CSG.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
● Develop and implement a comprehensive community relations program to engage, cultivate, and deepen a constituent’s relationship with CSG to support overall goals of the Development Office and Chief Development Officer
● Serve as school liaison to CSG’s volunteer associations by attending monthly meetings and providing support as needed
● Coordinate fundraising efforts and solicitation of constituency groups
● Arrange and participate in donor solicitation and/or cultivation meetings, as necessary
● Works closely with the Development Office staff and other school personnel to ensure cohesive, school-wide program integration
● Tracking, analyzing and reporting on results
● Record and track all activities and actions in database
● Perform other duties as necessitated
Experience, Characteristics, Qualities:
● Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience developing and directing constituent relations programs
● Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals
● Experience managing and/or working with volunteers
● Demonstrated skills in the logistical planning of small-and large-scale events
● Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
● Demonstrated talent for recruiting, managing and inspiring volunteers
● Ability to engage, connect, effectively communicate and collaborate with constituents of all ages and walks of life.
● Confidence to network and work a room of small or large audiences
● Skilled in a perceptiveness with a high degree of emotional intelligence
● High level of integrity, initiative, and resourcefulness
● Competence in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Raiser’s Edge
Interested candidates should apply on the Career page of our website at: https://www.columbusschoolforgirls.org/about/careers and submit a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position including a resume.
Columbus School for Girls celebrates the diversity of our school and local communities including race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing the diversity of the world in our educational program, admissions, financial aid program, staff hiring, and other school-administered programs.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbusschoolforgirls.org.