School Year: 2022-2023
Position: Development Associate
Campus: Home Office
Reports to: Associate Development Director
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio. After founding its first school in 2008, it has worked together with incredible leaders to open three more schools in the span of ten years. Each USN school is an open enrollment, public charter school that works diligently to close the opportunity gap in Columbus. Moreover, the mission of all USN schools is to transform lives and our communities through the power of education, while maintaining our vision: For every child, an open door.
USN currently operates two high-performing elementary schools (K-5) and two high-performing middle schools (6-8) that serve more than 1,000 students. We strive to provide students with a rigorous academic experience in a joyful learning environment, and we work hard to ensure that students of all levels grow and succeed by focusing on intentional student support and continual improvement.
The Development Associate (DA) position is a unique opportunity for talented individuals to pursue their interest in fundraising while honing their administrative skills to support the development team at United Schools Network. This individual will support donor relations by managing recurring pledges and renewals as well as acknowledging donors and volunteers in meaningful ways. Additionally, the DA will thrive in the areas of organization and detail-orientation and demonstrate this through their ability to maintain accurate records and reports through DonorPerfect. Lastly, this position supports program and event needs through grant writing and reporting, while maintaining a strong emphasis on the community of fundraising to support and serve our schools on the whole.
Joining Our Team
USN Core Traits:
- Mission-Driven. USN team members believe deeply in the mission of United Schools Network: to transform lives and our communities through the power of education.
- Growth Mindset. USN team members believe in their ability, and the ability of all students, to grow and improve.
- Relationship-Driven. USN team members get proximate to USN students, families, and colleagues to develop authentic relationships that inform work in the classroom.
- Conscientiousness. USN team members are professional, reliable, diligent, and pay attention to detail.
- Emotionally Constant. USN team members maintain a sense of calm while addressing a number of priorities.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree.
- Minimum of 1-2 year(s) of fundraising experience preferred (internships qualify).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comfortability with Google products, Microsoft Office, and CRMs – especially DonorPerfect, for effective communication and completion of job responsibilities.
- Able to genuinely convey information and emotion in writing and photography.
- Strong leadership, partnership-building and organizational skills.
- Personal and professional integrity with willingness to abide by the Donor Bill of Rights, the AFP code of Ethics, and the Development Team Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from team members.
- Willingness to take personal responsibility for the affairs of the network.
- Ability to learn from one’s mistakes.
Terms of Employment
Applications will be considered immediately.
- This is a full-time position.
- Report times are typically Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., although some job-related tasks can be expected outside of these hours.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
- Employees are eligible to participate in the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS) or the School Employees Retirement System of Ohio (SERS).
Apply online at unitedschoolsnetwork.org/join.
All USN schools are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org