Website United Way of Central Ohio
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: AVP of Corporate Relations & Strategic Partnerships
FSLA Classification: Exempt (Salary)
Budgeted Salary Range: $52,000 – $55,000 annually plus benefits, 37.5 hours per week
· Hybrid pilot work model (two days in office / up to three days remote)
· 15 vacation days earned annually
· 11 paid holidays annually
· One personal day annually (awarded on January 1st)
· Seven sick days earned annually (14 days earned the 2nd year)
· Flexible daily hours (available year-round)
· Summer hours (offered from Memorial Day through Labor Day)
· Tuition reimbursement (subject to availability of funds)
· Medical and dental insurance (employee pays 20% of premium)
· Vision insurance (employee pays 100% of premium)
· Short-term disability insurance (employee pays 50% of premium)
· Medical & dependent care flexible spending account
· Long term disability and term life insurance (employer pays 100% of premium)
· 401K plan with up to a 3% match and a 3% safe harbor contribution for eligible/participating employees after one year of service
· Pets allowed in the workplace (certain guidelines apply)
· Business casual dress code policy
· Reimbursement of mileage and other business-related expenses
· Free parking
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
Description: This position is a fundraising role with responsibility for managing, growing & developing a portfolio of corporate relationships. The Relationship Manager effectively stewards external year-round giving relationships with current and prospective donors, volunteers and advocates, through workplace campaigns, education, and other identified strategies for increased engagement and increased giving:
· Set and achieve fundraising goals for portfolio of assigned corporate relationships.
· Evaluate and analyze accounts to determine strengths and weaknesses to develop effective strategies for the current campaign year and beyond.
· Effectively develop and implement the campaign and donor relationship strategies to deliver targeted fundraising results.
· Advance United Way’s Success by Third Grade work with corporate partners, manage relationships with corporate funders and help grow investments in this work.
· As an integral part of corporate donor strategy, understand and leverage leadership giving opportunities and relationships (Donor Engagement Networks) as a method of enhancing year-round engagement and optimizing results. Personally solicit individual donor prospects to give.
· Integrate workplace campaign, corporate grants and leadership giving into comprehensive strategies and plans for donors and prospects.
· Understand and effectively communicate United Way’s Community Impact messaging.
· Provide an optimal level of support and service to assigned volunteers to leverage greater resources and relationships and deliver results.
· Utilize effective sales, stewardship and relationship management skills while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
· Manage campaign-reporting mechanism to maintain, monitor and project portfolio progress.
· Manage the activities of assigned Campaign Account Coordinators, where applicable, to conduct effective campaigns.
· Build and maintain lasting business relationships with donors and community members.
· Work with CEO, Senior VP of Resource Development, Director of Corporate Relations, Director of Individual Giving & Donor Stewardship and others to help plan donor relationship strategies, organize information and materials to make a successful campaign and secure increased year-round engagement.
· Participate in cross-functional teams and projects to develop fundraising and organizational initiatives.
· Responsible for submitting thorough and accurate pledge processing documents and additional administrative details for portfolio and assisting with entire corporate team support as needed.
· Required to follow all proper cash/check handling procedures and ensuring all envelopes are submitted to Finance for pledge processing in a timely manner.
· Consistently adhere to UWCO and volunteer service standards.
Metrics of Success:
· Achieve overall campaign goals.
· Strengthen and grow key relationships.
· Increase giving/engagement for key accounts.
· Number of quality relationship visits with stakeholders, committee members, and campaign representatives completed with relevant data documented; goal of 3-5 quality visits per week.
· Required use of CRM to research and maintain client activity and data; 100% of data entry standards met.
· Responsible for supporting the achievement of United Way’s mission and strategy goals.
· Responsible for supporting United Way’s culture of excellence through adherence to the Culture Pillars.
· Responsible for contributing to the achievement of United Way’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Dashboard.
· Fundraising or sales skills and experience is desired.
· Management skills in planning, organizing and directing volunteers.
· Strong sales, presentation and motivational skills are required to convey the United Way fundraising message.
· Knowledge of business community, volunteerism and management.
· Knowledge of methods and procedures and establishing account goals and objectives.
· Experience incorporating the perspectives of diverse communities, in the
consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
· An understanding of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and work in partnership with diverse staff, donors, partners and vendors.
· Positive interpersonal/communications skills and ability to use sound judgment and be self-directed.
· Strong computer skills are required using Microsoft Office 365; familiar with word processing and spreadsheets.
· Strong time management and organizational abilities and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to independently problem solve.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers within and across departments and functions.
· Ability to creatively troubleshoot, thrive under pressure, and accept constructive criticism.
· Demonstrates a positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task, and switch tasks fluidly.
· Ability to consistently adhere to inter-departmental, volunteer and constituent service standards.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and support for United Way Mission, Vision, Pillars, Service Standards, Confidentiality Standards, and Policies and Procedures.
· Thorough appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to, diversity.
· Mission Focused: Start with the community in mind.
· Job Knowledge: Works to build a culture of excellence.
· Diversity and Inclusion: Walk in someone else’s shoes and have their back.
· Results Driven: Adopt a mindset of continual change and innovation.
· Relationship-Oriented: Reconcile differences to maintain harmony.
· Accountability: Holding ourselves and others accountable.
This position may be required to take on supervisory responsibilities of temporary campaign staff during the peak campaign season.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexible daily hours may be available year-round. Daily work schedule and any flextime hours must be approved by the department head. Position sometimes requires additional hours and/or weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
Four years of fundraising/sales or related experience required, and/or equivalent college degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
United Way is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Race and Equity Statement
United Way of Central Ohio is committed to building and retaining a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role. Proof of record will be requested during the onboarding process.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, most interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
United Way is piloting a hybrid approach combining in-office work and remote work for our staff (two days in office / up to three days remote/from home).
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as well as the overall health of our community and we may adjust the office opening date as needed.
· Job Posting Date: June 9, 2022
· Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Please submit your resume & cover letter no later than the application deadline to the following URL address: https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/careers/
Please Note: Applicants will receive a message after successfully completing the online application process. If a message is not received, then the application was not successfully completed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com