Five Training Opportunities for Charities available from the Ohio Attorney General’s Charitable Law Section
The Ohio Attorney General’s Charitable Law Section provides in-person training on multiple topics and hosts monthly webinars.
In-person trainings, available by request, include:
- Bingo School – Learn the duties of officers and board members, state rules and requirements, and other issues of interest to bingo operators.
- Minding the Business While Changing the World: Legal Obligations of Charity Leaders Understand the basic requirements all charitable boards must follow and how to protect an organization and its beneficiaries.
- Charitable Fundraising: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly – Learn about the legal requirements for fundraising, how to select and work with professional solicitors, and problems to avoid.
Available webinars include:
- Charitable Registration Webinar – Learn about the registration and filing requirements for Ohio charities and groups that solicit Ohio citizens and understand how to use the Attorney General’s online filing system.
- Nonprofit Board Governance Webinar – Get an overview of charity board members’ legal responsibilities.
To inquire about the trainings of the Attorney General’s Charitable Law Section, send an email to [email protected].
The Ohio Attorney General’s Office also provides trainings on a variety of other topics. Some presentations, such as those covering consumer protection, crime victims’ issues, and small business matters, could be useful for charitable organizations, depending on their constituents and partners.
For information about any of the Ohio Attorney General’s training opportunities, visitwww.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov/Training-and-Education or contact the Attorney General’s Help Center at 800-282-0510.
Information provided by Ohio Attorney General’s Charitable Law Section