The Diversity & Inclusion Committee of the Central Ohio Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is pleased to announce a new initiative – the AFP Breakfast Club. Meetings are free, casual and conversational learning and sharing opportunities. They will feature a local topic expert, a book discussion or other topic of interest.
Please join us on Tuesday, March 24 for our inaugural AFP Breakfast Club gathering featuring author Diana Newman, CFRE, discussing her book “Opening Doors: Pathways to Diverse Donors”.
Diana will discuss:
- Changing Demographics are Changing Philanthropy
- Understanding Diverse Giving Patterns
- Embracing Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Turning Diverse Prospects in Donors
- Realizing the Potential of Diverse Donors
- What are indicators of diversity in addition to race and ethnicity?
- Which of those factors most affect philanthropic giving at your organization?
- What strategies have you used or seen used to develop relationships with diverse populations?
- When and how did your organization do a particularly good job at including diverse staff, board members, donors, constituents?
Program is free and open to AFP Members and Guests. Coffee and donuts will be served. The doors at 7:00AM for a 7:30-8:30 program, followed by networking and questions until 9:00.
Location: Ohio Dominican University, Griffin Center – 1215 Sunbury Road; Columbus, Ohio 43219. Free parking.
Directions and Campus Map http://www.ohiodominican.edu/About-ODU/Campus-Map/Campus-Map/
RSVP no later than Friday, March 20 – REGISTRATION IS CLOSED