The Association of Fundraising Professionals Central Ohio Columbus is seeking an administrator to work 15-20 hours per week (flexible), as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
AFP Central Ohio is recognized as the premiere membership organization for development and fundraising professionals, providing outstanding educational programs for those seeking professional development and career advancement opportunities. Our membership includes over 370 development professionals, consultants, allied professionals and fundraising volunteers. Click Here to download the position announcement.
Administration and Operations
Serve as AFP Global Liaison
- Maintain membership information
- Manage and submit required chapter reports including, but not limited to: Chapter Financial Report, Chapter Accord, New Officer Report, and Ten Star Gold Application
- Record management and retention, including timely submission of required documentation
- Receive and manage job bank requests
- Other duties as assigned
Marketing and Communication
- Frontline member service for chapter communication including phone, email and mail
- Provide support for all chapter email communication including:
- Format and distribute all email communications
- Development of email schedule
- Ensure consistent messaging across all chapter communications
Technology and Systems
- Maintain AFP website including updating events calendar and information, highlighting new initiatives and programs, and maintaining accurate chapter contact information
- Serve as liaison with web developer and software systems as needed
- Administer all event registration process for chapter events and programs
- Manage administrative set-up of events, including registrant processing, reporting, nametags, etc.
Qualified applicants will have the following expertise, competencies, and experience.
- Strong computer skills with ability to be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google Suite, with experience with or ability to learn WordPress, MailChimp, and event registration systems within six months of employment
- Experience with a membership organization
- Familiar with nonprofit administration, including general financial reporting
- Attention to detail
- Communicate effectively – oral, listening and written
- Collaborative—ability to work with volunteers
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Values difference
- Self-starter and can work independently
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with valid insurance and good driving record
- Bachelor’s degree
- Database management
The Chapter Administrator reports to the Board of Directors; attends Board meetings and committee meetings (as necessary) in order to advance the work of the chapter.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
The deadline for applying is October 30, 2020.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Central Ohio Chapter is an equal opportunity employer. Central Ohio is committed to being a leader and a catalyst in promoting equity and inclusion throughout Central Ohio.
For questions regarding your application, contact Jeff Redfield, Chapter President, at firstname.lastname@example.org