Website A Kid Again
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Director is a key member of our national fundraising team, reporting to the national Chief Development Officer. This full-time position is responsible for launching and managing multiple national fundraising events across multiple states and cities (travel necessary). Preference given to candidates who live in Ohio, Indiana or Michigan.
ABOUT A KID AGAIN: A Kid Again fosters hope, happiness, and healing for kids with life-threatening conditions and their families. We do this through our Adventures – cost-free, care-free visits to amusement parks, sporting events, museums, holiday parties, and much more. We are condition agnostic – any child, birth to age 20, with a life-threatening condition can enroll for free with A Kid Again. And we serve their whole family including their parents and siblings, so that they can all take a time out from illness.
- Working with the national Chief Development Officer, develop and implement a comprehensive events strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission, goals, and values.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of fundraising events in multiple cities and states.
- Responsible for identifying and soliciting sponsors, donors, committee members and event attendees, with a goal of achieving annual budgeted revenue for the events.
- Manage all aspects of event logistics, including venue selection, contract negotiation, budgeting, and timeline management.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to ensure successful event execution and engagement.
- Work with the national marketing team to oversee event marketing strategies, including print and digital materials, social media campaigns, and email communications.
- Ensure event sponsorship recognition and stewardship activities are executed effectively.
Continuously evaluate and improve event performance, including attendance, revenue, and donor engagement, through data analysis and feedback collection.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with event sponsors, donors, vendors, and community partners to drive long-term support.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends in event planning and fundraising to enhance event experiences and maximize fundraising potential.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of non-profit fundraising experience with success in:
- Launching and managing large-scale events in multiple locations
- Prospecting, cultivating and stewarding relationships
- Working with high-level leaders and companies in the community
- Developing and engaging committees
- Requires good communication, relationship building and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with experience working in Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud (or other donor database) and Microsoft Office. Adobe and/or Canva experience a plus.
- Staff collaboration. This role will work with departments and chapters in multiple locations.
The preceding job description has been written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. A Kid Again, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
To apply for this job please visit akidagain.org.