Engagement and Alumni Relations, Senior Associate
Website Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture, The Ohio State University
The Knowlton School Engagement and Alumni Relations, Senior Associate is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive stewardship programming that engages the alumni and donors of the Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture. This position may require some work during evenings and weekends, and occasional travel.
The Engagement and Alumni Relations, Senior Associate works with the Knowlton School Director, Director of Development, Alumni Engagement and Operations Manager, other school staff and the College of Engineering Advancement team to develop and enhance engagement and fundraising opportunities for Knowlton alumni and friends. The position:
- Identifies and cultivates donor prospects from the school’s alumni, friends and professional practitioner network
- Coordinates the school’s annual giving initiatives and Office Associateship Program (OAP)
- Acts as the point of contact for participating firms and donors
- Creates and distributes OAP invoices and tracks pledges
- Is the liaison to the Knowlton School Alumni Society
- Represents the school and serves as its Alumni Relations Officer (ARO) to the Ohio State University Alumni Association
- Generates fundraising reports using The Advancement System (TAS) database
- Collaborates with other staff to develop alumni surveys
Schedules, plans and executes all Knowlton School advancement events:
- Commencement, OAP receptions, alumni reunions, Capital Campaign events, and alumni receptions at professional association meetings
- Manages the school’s donor relations/events budget
- Hires, trains and supervises student staff
Collaborates with school leadership and other staff to develop programming that supports career development for young alumni:
- With other staff and the Alumni Society Board, helps coordinate the Knowlton School Mentorship Program
- Supports alumni involvement in the Knowlton School Career Fair, mock interviews, internship offerings, firm visits and similar programming.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; 2-4 years of professional work experience in higher education, non-profit organizations or similar fields; event management experience
Experience with donor and alumni relations, and experience working in higher education strongly desired; excellent writing and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.