Website Cancer Support Community Central Ohio
Community Is Stronger than Cancer
Job Location and Hours
This position will be located at 1200 Old Henderson Road, Columbus, OH 43220. Our normal work hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The majority of work in this position is done in the office; some remote work can be arranged. All current staff members have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus.
At Cancer Support Community we provide emotional and social support, education, and resources to people impacted by cancer (including patients, survivors, family members, caregivers, and friends) to help them manage their cancer journey and achieve better health outcomes and improved quality of life. We offer more than 70 monthly evidence-based programs, all at no cost. Our mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. More information about our programs and services can be found at www.cancersupportohio.org.
The Development Manager will assist in creating and implementing fundraising initiatives so that Cancer Support Community Central Ohio continues to meet its financial goals to carry out its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Grants and Community Sponsorships
• Research grant opportunities; write grant applications and reports.
• Using GrantHub, maintain all grant and community sponsorship details, deadlines, and fulfillment requirements.
• Collaborate with other staff members to assure all aspects of grant agreements are met.
2. Major Gifts, Corporate Support, and Planned Giving
• Assist in managing the organization’s major giving society, making regular contact with major donors through phone calls, personal meetings, and impact reports.
• Using iWave software, research current and new donors to identify potential sources of major gifts, planned giving, and corporate support.
• In collaboration with the Development Director, meet with corporate prospects, individual major gifts prospects, and planned giving prospects to secure gift commitments.
3. Annual Campaigns
• Assist Development Director in creating multi-channel year-end and mid-year appeals and other fundraising campaigns including lapsed donor appeals.
• Manage monthly donor program; create and implement initiatives to increase members.
4. Donor Database Management
• Manage donor transactions records and communications, enter data, and maintain donor database.
• Create queries and reports to analyze, assess, and inform fundraising efforts.
5. Cultivation and Stewardship
• Update and coordinate implementation of donor stewardship plan.
• Create and implement new stewardship initiatives, including impact and annual reports.
• 1 year of previous non-profit fundraising experience (not events) required, including experience with major donors.
• 1 year of previous experience writing, applying for, and managing grants required.
• 1 year of previous experience using donor database software required, including using queries to create reports and maintaining donor records.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated project management and time management skills required.
• Must be highly self-motivated, able to work in fast paced environment, and effectively manage multiple priorities.
• College degree in Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Debbie Beyer at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org