Website Church of the Resurrection (New Albany)
The Church of the Resurrection (Resurrection) launched a multi-million-dollar capital campaign to support the growing needs of the parish community and enhance a culture of philanthropy throughout Resurrection. The Stewardship Associate (SA) is a new position at Resurrection and its role is to ensure the successful continuation of campaign fundraising and implementation and elevation of strategic stewardship and donor appreciation throughout the parish. Working closely with the Business Manager, the SA will develop and implement personalized stewardship plans for top donors and comprehensive stewardship strategies for donors at all giving levels to foster a culture of philanthropy.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the ongoing stewardship and donor relation operation ensuring high-quality experiences for top donors and prospects, including campaign updates, coordination with the Catholic Foundation and campaign reporting.
- Work with Business Manger to develop a vision and multi-year plan for stewardship and donor relations that is clear and aligns with broader parish vision, mission, values, and priorities.
- Cultivating, identifying, and stewarding current and potential major gift donors.
- Adopting and adapting best practices in stewardship and donor relations to support the goals of the campaign and parish overall.
- Support parish leadership in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of sacrificial gifts to support ongoing needs and special projects through the development of donor research, proposals, talking points, stewardship reports and other collateral.
- Staff parish volunteers in support of fundraising for Resurrection, including agenda creation, meeting facilitation, follow-up correspondence, etc.
- Ensure stewardship and donor engagement efforts and continually prioritize cultivation, donor retention and growth, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Oversee administrative functions of the development office including, but not limited to, the acknowledgement process, gift management, donor recognition, donor stewardship activities and events, and impact reporting.
- Data management responsibilities including record maintenance, campaign pledge input and other areas as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is essential for this job.
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with federal, state, and local safety laws.
- Maintains a neat and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required: Compliance with BCI&I background checks and completion of Protecting God’s Children program.
- Education: Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 3-5+ years of work experience in advancement, stewardship, alumni relations, donor relations, communications, marketing, public relations, or similar work.
JOB RELATED SKILLS
- A working knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church; must also be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including Word, Excel, Publisher and other related technology; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment.
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance.
- Develop and manage relationships with donors.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Sensitivity and diplomacy in communications with diverse people and personalities. High degree of professionalism and ethical sensitivity.
- Strategic and creative approaches to tasks and challenges.
- Excellent verbal, written, and proof-reading skills, and exacting attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Windows computer environment and Microsoft Office.
- Adept at navigating email, Internet, teleconferencing, electronic filing, and other typical office-based software.
- Some evenings and weekends required.
To apply for this job please visit www.cotrna.org.