Columbus Recreation and Parks Foundation
Columbus Recreation and Parks Foundation (CRP Foundation), in partnership with Columbus Recreation and Parks Department’s (CRPD) Commissioners, is seeking proposals for one or more successful bidders to serve as the Executive Director of the CRPF Foundation. This individual(s) will lead the CRP Foundation staff, volunteers, and Board members and partner with CRPD’s Community Relations Development staff. This is an exciting opportunity to help set the strategic direction of the CRP Foundation and implement a plan that will take the CRP Foundation’s work to the next level. This individual(s) will lead the overall operations of the CRP Foundation, including strategic planning, budget management, fundraising, outreach, reporting, ensuring legal compliance, staff management, reporting, and more.
Previous experience and requirements for the awarded bidder include:
· Must have a City of Columbus Contract Compliance Number; register with Vendor Services to obtain a number (the agency must be “Contract Compliance in Status Active”)
· Must not be debarred or suspended from working on federally assisted projects or projects in Ohio or with the City of Columbus
· Have the capacity to begin services by March 2024
· Have the proven capacity (either alone or through a consortium) to work with a diverse Community
This is a one-year contract, with the option to renew the contract at the completion of the first year.
Due to the nature of the work, contract renewal will not be bid if performance measures are met. The foundation would measure its first year goals with a minimum of $250,000.00 fundraising expectation within 1 year of services.
- Collaborates with CRP leadership, departments and programmatic centers to establish strategic areas of focus for private support
- Builds strategic goals and recommendations to engage individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish a portfolio strategy which includes annual giving, major giving and planned giving
- Works in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders to execute each respective fundraising strategy focusing on acquisition, retention and increased gifts year over year
- Manages a portfolio of up to 150 constituents per year toward retention and increased giving, including major and planned gifts
- Assists in collaboration with select CRP representatives and foundation volunteers on a strategic donor acquisition strategy
- Works closely with volunteers of CRP Foundation at all levels to successfully execute a fundraising strateg
- Determines in collaboration with affiliative friends of CRP, foundation volunteers, and other CRP program representatives to determine fund distribution as it pertains to Foundation mission and donor intent.
- Provide highly specialized organizational leadership that will ensure the continuation and appropriate evolution of organizational planning; the coordination, delivery and measured impact of CRP Foundation events, programs, and fundraising; and fiscal due diligence.
- Develop and implement a strategic multi-year fundraising plan that includes strategies to increase CRP Foundation’s fundraising efforts from private sector, governments, foundations, individuals, and others that is reflective and in alignment with the organizations mission/vision/values and capacity.
- Recommend key components and tactics for implementation.
- Train CRP Foundation Board members in necessary aspects of fundraising.
- Plan, direct, implement, and evaluate the organization’s day-to-day operations and ensure that all operations of the CRP Foundation are carried out in accordance with applicable laws.
- Develop the budget and oversee the prudent financial management of the organization’s funds.
- Manage fundraising and special events.
- Uphold and create, where needed, policies and procedures for the CRP Foundation operations including how the CRP Foundation interacts with and supports CRPD Community Relations staff and CRPD community centers.
- Shape and direct the future of the organization through vision, values, leadership, and strategy.
- Represent the CRP Foundation in the community at large at public and private events.
- Maintain clear lines of communication and provide well-defined opportunities for board engagement.
- Arrange and attend CRP Foundation Board meetings and activities, including preparing facilities and agenda; overseeing materials development; implementing Board directives; and communicating with the CRP Foundation Board between meetings.
- Lead the CRP Foundation Board in its strategic planning, and establish objectives based on goal and budget considerations agreed upon by the Board.
- Build the visibility of the CRP Foundation through social media, communications, partnerships, and earned media.
- · Rich experience of principles, methods and practices of the development profession; knowledge of research techniques and resources in the fields of philanthropy; and proven experience in applying this knowledge to develop and carry out fundraising campaigns.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required with preference being in Business or Non-Profit Management; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant fundraising or sales experience with a preferred consideration to the CFRE designation.
- Strong project management skills. Must be able to interact and communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of the data and information required from a CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) software system to lend to the strategic development and success of the fundraising initiatives.
- Must be a self-starter with motivation to reach established goals.
- Strong communication skills are required.
For complete job description and instructions on how to apply visit https://hodge-group.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CRP-RFP-for-ED.pdf
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com